Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Has this been confirmed as finalised? I'd have thought it's too early to know the full extent of what they will or won't do. Seems unfair and a very lazy solution i.e. they end up doing literally **** all to help people in a period where, proportionately, a lot of people will have triggered their wildcards.

If it IS what they do, at least the damage is limited by the fact you only have this team until GW16 and your GW7 fixtures will probably(?) be in there somewhere. So not as bad as in other seasons but far less than optimal.

I guess it’s not confirmed. But at the moment GW7 has no fixtures but the deadline remains. So my wildcard is active and will run out tomorrow morning. 

Means I have to set my wildcard up for GW9. Which is in October after an international break. 

And everyone not on a wildcard gets a bunch of free transfers

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly what’s happened. Absolute **** bullshit

so is it that the deadline is 11am tomorrow even though there are no games? so you've kinda wasted your wildcard? be a bit shitty of them if that is the case

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so is it that the deadline is 11am tomorrow even though there are no games? so you've kinda wasted your wildcard? be a bit shitty of them if that is the case

It means your wildcard needs to be set up now for the GW8 fixtures. Less than ideal but can be somewhat rescued.

Just now, bickster said:

As if GW8 is happening

Oof. Postponing 2 GWs in a row inside this pre-world cup footballing window would be absolute chaos. I'm up for that :D 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oof. Postponing 2 GWs in a row inside this pre-world cup footballing window would be absolute chaos. I'm up for that :D 

I have no problem with that as long as my WC remains active until what would have been GW9

seeing a few things regarding next weekend as london games being called off but some games going ahead. i wouldn't be at all surprised if all games got played aside from brentford vs arsenal and chelsea vs liverpool on the sunday

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

seeing a few things regarding next weekend as london games being called off but some games going ahead. i wouldn't be at all surprised if all games got played aside from brentford vs arsenal and chelsea vs liverpool on the sunday

Isn't the Brighton game already cancelled?

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Isn't the Brighton game already cancelled?

yes due to a train strike which has now been cancelled. couldn't make it up

presumably once postponed they can't say "actually, we're back on" so that will remain postponed...i guess anyway

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The potential for some but not all games to be called off next week is filling me with dread. I thought we were passed these complications after so many during Covid.

thing is it's not going to be like covid where games got called off 3 hours before kick off. the decisions will be made days before the event. they'll probably be meeting today

chelsea vs liverpool i'd say is unlikely to go ahead...brentford vs arsenal too. i reckon the rest will be OK

57 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

thing is it's not going to be like covid where games got called off 3 hours before kick off. the decisions will be made days before the event. they'll probably be meeting today

chelsea vs liverpool i'd say is unlikely to go ahead...brentford vs arsenal too. i reckon the rest will be OK

Doesn't really matter. We'll have a gameweek with a couple of teams playing and then a load of random DGWs

It'll become a game of who can get the most players in BGWs and who can get the most DGW players.