U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Mea culpa, I completely forgot to update the Brentford PL Cup match. I've given the 2nd goal to Frith because that's what the OS says, although soccerway gives both goals to Lindley.

I'm waiting to see if I can get 1st hand account of the scorer as I appreciate it's an easy mistake to make.

d3bb418819333d9d8ea7659d0b8d7114.png

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, useless said:

This weekend's game against West Brom has been moved to this Friday and will now be played at the Hawthorns.

With that in mind, this update has today's games postponed.

Monday 23/01
18:00 West Brom(4)     P-P Leeds United(2)
19:00 Derby County(11) P-P Southampton(1)

Friday 27/01
13:00 Middlesbrough(6)  v  Southampton(1)
14:00 Norwich City(5)   v  Leeds United(2)
19:00 Notts Forest(3)   v  Derby County(11)
19:00 West Brom(4)      v  Aston Villa(7)

Leeds are having a mid-season wobble. Either that or their better players have gone elsewhere on loan.

Early p.m. games

Friday 27/01
13:00 Middlesbrough(6)   2-2  Southampton(1)
14:00 Norwich City(5->3) 5-2  Leeds United(2)

That's an interesting line-up as would have thought that the whole of that starting eleven, Feeney and Aaron O'Reilly besides, would have been contenders for loan moves, but if anything was close for any of them in that regard I'm not sure they would be playing tonight. Might be a chance for some of them to impress scouts though.

Mfuamba in West Brom midfield, highly rated, recently did well with England U17s, not long turned sixteen, but already a regular for their U21s, and talk that 'big clubs' watching him, I think their line-up quite different to the one that scored six past us in September, but their main striker Cleary is playing.

Eight of our starting line-up, Kesler, Revan, Aaron O'Reilly, Lindley, Bogarde, Raikhy,Tommi O'Reilly, and Brad Young, were part of the squad that won the FA Youth Cup, Swinkels as well on the bench.

Kesler with the assist for Tommi 

Tommi with the assist for Brad Young 

After 15 mins 

60 percent possession . 2 shots on target 4 off target. 

Albion.. none on and none off 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 3