U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Nice win for Southampton

Saturday 29/10
12:30 Derby County (11)   0-2 Aston Villa(9->8)

Sunday
12:00 Southampton(5->3)   8-1 Middlesbrough(4->6)

Monday
19:00 Notts Forest(7)     4-1 Norwich City(2->4)
19:00 West Brom(3->2      4-0 Stoke City(10)
19:00 Newcastle Utd(6->5) 1-1 Sunderland(8->9)

Brentford PL Cup & Derby league wins updated. 2 new names in the matchday squads. Neither came off the bench. English forward, Charlie Pavey & English midfielder Alex Hammons.

The final fixtures before 2 months off* are coming up.

Friday
19:00 Aston Villa(8) v Norwich City(4)

Monday
13:00 Leeds Utd(1)   v Newcastle Utd(5)
13:00 Sunderland(9)  v Southampton(3)
19:00 Stoke City(10) v Derby County(11)
19:00 West Brom(2)   v Notts Forest(7)

* Derby play Southampton in a standalone fixture on 05/12, but other than that, the next game is 06/01

Bogarde is so calm in possession and passing..  Never gets flustered. Currently imagining him and Tim in a double pivot and getting extremely positive about the future. 

Kerr Smith is a proper ball playing centrehalf as well but with the caveat he had all the time in the world tonight with them down to 10. Him and Feeney could form a pretty decent partnership bearing in mind they are both only 17 .  

1 minute ago, useless said:

Lamare Bogarde had a great game in midfield, not unusual for him but can barely tell he's not long back after being out for almost a year.

Got a touch of the Kamaras about him. Now i understand why they put him at centrehalf for 2 seasons. Learn his trade and the defensive aspects of the game and then bring him into the DM position he has always looked at his best in 

I thought we played well and deserved to win.

Guilbert has some class about him at this level, Bogarde was quietly excellent and Wilson's movement off the ball is impressive, but I thought our best two were Revan and Frith down the left - Frith in particular put in a massive shift, he was kicked from pillar to post, ran a million miles and always wanted the ball, always provided an outlet and was always trying to make things happen, I thought he was excellent.

The ref booked Raikhy early on, then decided he'd set the tone and booked a few more, then had to send one off and panicked a bit that he'd look bad if he handed out fifteen cards in an U21 game so completely ignored some really heavy late challenges in the second half that were perhaps as bad as the one that got Norwich the red. He's ready for the step up. He's dreadful.

Marschall won't want to see the goal again, but he looked solid otherwise and Feeney and Smith are developing quite a nice understanding. 

Much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1