U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Good goal from Tommi O'Reilly, nearly scored a great goal just before that as well.

winning by two goals now, Frith with the second, more good play from O'Reilly with the assist.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

It's only half-time, but I think that's comfortably the best they've played so far this season from what I've seen, should have scored more though, scoreline could have easily been five plus if we'd have taken our chances. Tommi O'Reilly, Frith, and Shakpoke looking really dangerous.

O'Reilly might get a loan this January, watching the first half and the ease with which he was able to go past players and the way he dropped his shoulder reminded me very much of Chukwuemeka when he played for us at this level.

In fact could well be that half of the team that played today aren't with us for the second half of the season, Revan, Raikhy, Bogarde, Tommi O'Reilly, and maybe a few others could all be loaned out, so in a sense just as U21s improving they might have to start over again, but results are secondary to individual player development at this level, and will be a good chance for some of the younger players to step up, truth be told we've got some very good ones in our U18s so might actually do better with those, Kellyman got off to a good start today.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

O'Reilly might get a loan this January, watching the first half and the ease with which he was able to go past players and the way he dropped his shoulder reminded me very much of Chukwuemeka when he played for us at this level.

In fact could well be that half of the team that played today aren't with us for the second half of the season, Revan, Raikhy, Bogarde, Tommi O'Reilly, and maybe a few others could all be loaned out, so in a sense just as U21s improving they might have to start over again, but results are secondary to individual player development at this level, and will be a good chance for some of the younger players to step up, truth be told we've got some very good ones in our U18s so might actually do better with those, Kellyman got off to a good start today.

I agree. Theres alot of talent at u18 level. Maybe more than what i had thought we had  

Young Wilson  , Moore Broggio and Lynch up front ( 4 of them internationals ) plus Burchall injured.

Munroe Simpson Pierre and Kellyman in midfield ( 2 of them internationals ) 

Barber Rowe Patterson feeney smith in defence . ( 5 of them internationals ) 

To put that into perspective we had Chrisene Carney Ramsey Bogarde Swinkels and Marschall who were internationals in our all conquering youth team of 2 years ago. 

As always we have so much talent that is so young.and they will flourish by playing 4 or 5 years above their age group .

• 3 weeks later...

Full programme return starting this evening.

Friday 06/01
19:00 Norwich City(5) v Stoke City(10)
19:00 Notts Forest(4) v Leeds Utd(1)
19:00 Southampton(2)  v Derby County(11)

Monday 09/01
19:00 Sunderland(9)   v Middlesbrough(7)
19:00 Newcastle(6)    v Aston Villa(8)

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Full programme return starting this evening.

Friday 06/01
19:00 Norwich City(5) v Stoke City(10)
19:00 Notts Forest(4) v Leeds Utd(1)
19:00 Southampton(2)  v Derby County(11)

Monday 09/01
19:00 Sunderland(9)   v Middlesbrough(7)
19:00 Newcastle(6)    v Aston Villa(8)

Is this likely to be on live?

Be an interesting selection for Newcastle away - you'd guess they'd travel up tomorrow and we played a strong U19 line up today, there are likely to be a few on the bench for the FA Cup tie - I wonder if we'll see a lot of changes again.