U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Also just noticed we have 4 wins away from home and only 1 at home. Would be nice to double that tally this evening with another experienced and high-quality starting line-up.

• Like 1

From the stands, I'd agree with all of that @I Make Pies I thought Revan was excellent, the back four solid and the two up top lively throughout.

Stoke were the better side in the first half, but we matched them and probably edged the second half. In the first half our midfield was almost non-existent though and much of what we were trying to do was play through balls from the edge of our own box - neither Lindley or Raikhy had good games today and they're two that really need to be pushing on right now, I can't see either of them being here next season as things stand.

Kellyman is an odd one, he struggled for long parts of the game today and I think sometimes his height gives the impression that he's older than he is, you could see the nervousness in his face and he looked a little tentative throughout - but in the midst of that there are moments when you really can see his potential, one burst through the middle, the fantastic finish for the goal, the odd nipping away of the ball from a defender. This level is still a big step up for him, and it sometimes looks that way, but he's absolutely got something about him, I was really pleased to see him score.

Nice to see a number of those not playing in attendance in the stands. At the end of the game the players coming off the pitch have to cross the path that supporters leaving the stand are heading down - the stewards always stop us there while the players cross. They hold all of us. None shall pass and it was funny seeing Kadan Young and Kobei Moore getting a full telling off from a steward for trying to sneak through. 

A hard fought win full of hard running and effort, with impressive performances across the back, a lively front pairing and an excellent goal from a promising youngster. Lovely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think we maybe rotated quite a bit with the league in mind, suddenly might have a good chance of promotion, but the players selected did well to get a result.

We've got Alvechurch in the next round, according to Birmingham County FA twitter that tie has to be played by February 25th but not sure how that's going to work as Alvechurch have games this weekend, midweek, and then again the following weekend, and we have games this Monday and then again on the Friday.

Presumably we will get some sort of permission to play it at a later date, either that or will have to play midweek next week and Alvchurch will have to play an U21 team.

• Like 1

Onuchukwu was playing for our U17s last season as a pre-scholar, and then at the start of this season came straight into the U18s as a first year scholar, but then seemed to disappear for a while, probably injured. I don't know how long he's been with us but I think he came from an academy in the Leicester area.

Edited by useless