U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

• 2 weeks later...

We have drawn Tividale at Home in the Birmingham Senior Cup 3rd Round.  Almost certain to be switched to their ground on that big hill.

I believe that this is the oldest cup competition in the World, but I may be wrong about that.  We could win this if we really wanted to and it would be great if we did.

• Like 1

Hmm. Across 17 games in PL2, PL Cup and Papa Johns, we've managed 3 wins. We do seem to be in a bit of a lull, with most of the best ~20 year olds out on loan and the more promising players still here much younger. I wonder if we're due a bit of a clear-out?

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Hmm. Across 17 games in PL2, PL Cup and Papa Johns, we've managed 3 wins. We do seem to be in a bit of a lull, with most of the best ~20 year olds out on loan and the more promising players still here much younger. I wonder if we're due a bit of a clear-out?

Yeah it's not a great look. Usual caveats apply I guess.  The best are on loan or with the senior side, and even now the best of what isn't on loan or with the senior side have ... joined up with the senior side. So you're left with what isn't good enough and what's much too young to be there. Hopefully today was more the latter than the former.

fe3efd947ac62a8ca597df3b7d34a735.png

• Like 1

Six of Peterborough's starters today have 48 League One appearances between them this season, some of those had Championship experience from last season as well, in addition another two involved for them today haven't played in the league this season but did makes appearances for them in the Championship last season, so it was quite an experienced side they put out relative to our team.

Our team was a mix of players returning from injury, Aaron O'Reilly, Barnes, and i'm not sure if Shakpoke is fully up to speed yet, players playing out of position, and some U18s who aren't even regulars at that level yet, McDowell in central defence today has less than two games worth of U18 level experience, and he was up against a front three that all have League One experience and Aaron O'Reilly who played alongside him today has only just come back from long-term injury,

The best players I think are either out in Dubai, or being held back for the FA Youth Cup game on Friday, as well as there being a few injuries, and of course there's also a bunch out on loan.

• Thanks 2