Claret & Cub memberships 2022/3

ender4

When do the renewals for Claret & Cub membership go on sale?  

Last year they had a discount for renewing early, I guess that’s not going to happen this year?

I wonder if the price will increase from £40 for Claret and £20 for Cubs?

• 3 months later...

For anyone on here who was thinking about a buying a membership, but didn't buy one in the summer. The club are advertising a deal with 25% off.

Save 25% on Claret Membership

The Aston Villa Membership sale is now on, saving you 25% on our great range of memberships.

With benefits including VIP hospitality competitions, signed memorabilia and exclusive member priority ticket sale for all upcoming home games, there’s no better time to sign up.

Memberships, which are valid for 365 days, can help secure your place at Villa Park to watch some of the season’s biggest games, with both Chelsea and Manchester United visiting before the World Cup break.

A range of options are available to choose from, including memberships for junior fans and for Aston Villa Women supporters.

To sign up today and take advantage of the sale, simply follow the 'Sign Up Now' button below and use discount code MEMBERSHIP25.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Sorry for bumping this, I just purchased the Villans membership for my son for Christmas and it never asked for my address to post the membership pack too. Does a separate email get sent out or how does it work?

You normally have to give your address at the time of purchasing. Have you given your payment details. Are you an existing member

Edited by Talldarkandransome

1 minute ago, Newry_Villan said:

Yea, payment taken. I followed the links on the club website and didn't have to enter an address.  They have just emailed me a link and a code for him to activate his membership. Strange.  I'll give them a phone tomorrow.

Very odd, judging by your name are you overseas. Maybe they dont send packs overseas, they just send digital membership.

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Very odd, judging by your name are you overseas. Maybe they dont send packs overseas, they just send digital membership.

They do send packs overseas, I had a couple to Dublin. However I can categorically say the service is appalling and it's one area of the club that really needs looked at and improved.

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

They do send packs overseas, I had a couple to Dublin. However I can categorically say the service is appalling and it's one area of the club that really needs looked at and improved.

I've never had an issue with memberships or anything I've had direct from Villa. Back in the day the ticket office were always helpful to me. Third parties are what normally cause the problems. You should always invest in doing stuff in house. Out sourcing is shite and I speak from experience. 

15 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Sorry for bumping this, I just purchased the Villans membership for my son for Christmas and it never asked for my address to post the membership pack too. Does a separate email get sent out or how does it work?

You already had a fan ID? In which case they already had an address for you before you bought the membership.   

The membership is linked to the Fan ID,

• 1 month later...

The club are advertising 25% of memberships for next season.

Posters here have previously slated this membership scheme, but it seems necessary to me to get tickets for the odd game (I live in Ireland so season ticket isn’t a realistic option).

What are people’s experiences? Good, bad? Would I need two memberships to bring my wife along to 3-4 games a season?

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Posters here have previously slated this membership scheme, but it seems necessary to me to get tickets for the odd game (I live in Ireland so season ticket isn’t a realistic option).

What are people’s experiences? Good, bad? Would I need two memberships to bring my wife along to 3-4 games a season?

Are you sure that’s for next season and not actual calendar 2023? 
It’s basically priority access to tickets and a scarf. Which means a good chance of getting a reasonable seat to whatever games you want as long as you keep an eye on when they go on sale to members (if you leave it too long there will just be single seats dotted about). Tickets normally on sale to members 5pm on a Monday 3-4 weeks before the game.

Yes, only one ticket per member so your wife would need one too.

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

I have no problems with the membership, overall it isn't a massive amount of money and you get a nice pack including goodies such as wooly hat or one year a scarf. I use it just to get earlier access to tickets and support the club. You will need a membership for your wife as well, as the membership only allows you to buy tickets for linked accounts. I tried to link to my girlfried who wasn't a member, it linked ok, but I couldn't purchase a ticket for her until I made her a member as well.

My one question goiing forward though, is what will happen to Membership owners when the North Stand is demolished. I imagine with 30k season ticket holders that even Membership owners will struggle for tickets? I wonder if they will pause Memberships when that work is ongoing, or if it will carry on as normal but with little chance of buying a match day ticket?

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Are you sure that’s for next season and not actual calendar 2023? 

There's no reference to the 23/24 season that I can see, so I think you're right.

I gave up my season ticket some years ago, so find having a membership instead a good option.

29 minutes ago, Enda said:

Maybe the discount is the acknowledgment that next season it is going to be hard to get tickets for home games if you are not a season ticket holder. If redevelopment starts as planned then capacity is going to be down to round about 35 thousand ish. 

Edit- Sorry have seen this comment already made.

Edited by The Fun Factory