Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So what who cares?

People can want other clubs to do well that aint villa

True, but wanting to go and watch them at Wembley in the playoff final is a bit much 😜

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So what who cares?

People can want other clubs to do well that aint villa

They are owned by a scumbag yet people are throwing tantrums at Newcastle owners

• Like 1

Don't mind Forest but they feel a bit Watford to me. Just signing endless players with no structure or plan (Andre Ayew???!!) and think they'll struggle back in championship having to restructure their squad, will take a couple of transfer windows and probably a change of manager before they can challenge again.

On 05/04/2023 at 13:49, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah those two are about as must win as you can get. After that…if we said 36 points was enough this season (and I’m not at all confident it will be), Southampton and Palace would take them to 33, unless they can hold out in their home games against the better sides (which could do us a favour in one or two instances), it’s very difficult to see them creeping up to my theoretical 36 point requirement.

I think they need to target Brighton at home. Will be seen as a shock result but they actually drew 0-0 down there and you can't write that off like Arsenal at home. They play Brighton three days after their FA cup SF which will take a bit out of them.

I think a signing like Shelvey has destabilised them a bit. They had a decent balance in midfield around January-Feb with Yates-Freuler-Gibbs White but Shelvey comes in to start every game for some reason and two of those were benched today.

Not sure why Dennis wasn't playing as he's scored a few recently and has scored every time he's played us.

I'd be surprised if Cooper isn't gone by Monday morning. Very unlucky given the general job he's done there over last 18 months but obvious the Greek guy dosen't think he's good enough to keep them in prem so they'll roll the dice hoping they'll get a bounce of 3 wins and a draw from their remaining games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its ok was a lot of Villa/Forest fans on here who loved they came back but owned by a scumbag

Buying 4 left backs bizarrely turned to be a bad idea

Whatever happened to that Omar Richards guy? Did he get loaned out? They''ve signed so many it's difficult to keep track!

Lodi took a while to settle in but he looked o.k in recent times, Toffollo isn't good enough for this level and I presume the other is Nico Williams who'll just float between bottom half prem/top half championship for rest of his career.

they will relegate along with leicester and southampton i think, hammers pick up enough points to get out of it, everton too and leeds are one of those jammy teams who get lucky, they stayed up at burnley's expense last season after they got a last minute 2-1 winner, burnley held their own in their game with us at VP that was rearranged i thought. Think its over for them, didnt see anything from them that was outstanding today

10 hours ago, Thug said:

I really want them to stay up, same with Leicester.

Rather the midlands became a hotbed of football and get rid of some london teams

Yep same here.  I’d love the PL to keep Villa, Leicester, Wolves, Nottingham Forest and to add West Brom, Derby, Stoke, etc.

And get rid of West Ham, Palace, Brentford, Fulham, etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

They are owned by a scumbag yet people are throwing tantrums at Newcastle owners

Yes but its not just the saudis why people dont like newcastle we hava a long history with them.

What have forest fans ever done to us? They are a club similar to us in terms of history good stadium. I like them and hope they stay up. Rather then than leicester 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but its not just the saudis why people dont like newcastle we hava a long history with them.

What have forest fans ever done to us? They are a club similar to us in terms of history good stadium. I like them and hope they stay up. Rather then than leicester 

They're not even remotely close to our history. 

Bar a blip under Clough they've spent most of their history in the second tier. 

Only this season they've pulled level with The Blues on the number of top flight seasons. 

Take out those Clough years and you'd struggle to find a more average club. 

On 09/04/2023 at 21:21, sidcow said:

They're not even remotely close to our history. 

Bar a blip under Clough they've spent most of their history in the second tier. 

Only this season they've pulled level with The Blues on the number of top flight seasons. 

Take out those Clough years and you'd struggle to find a more average club. 

I think it's fair to say they're close to us in historical terms.  Over the last 100 years, major honours for each club are:

Villa:  1 top flight title, 1 European Cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 FA Cup, 5 League Cups
Forest:  1 top flight title, 2 European Cups, 1 European Super Cup, 1 FA Cup, 4 League Cups

If you value our seasons finishing 10th to 16th in the Premier League as a particular triumph over Forest's lengthy period in the Championship then that's fine, but no-one really looks at the history of a club as being "how many seasons spent being mid table in the top league".

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think it's fair to say they're close to us in historical terms.  Over the last 100 years, major honours for each club are:

Villa:  1 top flight title, 1 European Cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 FA Cup, 5 League Cups
Forest:  1 top flight title, 2 European Cups, 1 European Super Cup, 1 FA Cup, 4 League Cups

If you value our seasons finishing 10th to 16th in the Premier League as a particular triumph over Forest's lengthy period in the Championship then that's fine, but no-one really looks at the history of a club as being "how many seasons spent being mid table in the top league".

So take a selected part of history to level the playing field thereby ignoring our multiple league titles and FA Cups? Your seriously trying to ignore probably the greatest period in our history to make our history seem comparable to Forest? 

I'm not having that. 

And absolutely yes, I think playing 109 seasons top flight vs a mere 57 makes an enormous difference when comparing the history of 2 clubs.  It would be laughable not to. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So take a selected part of history to level the playing field thereby ignoring our multiple league titles and FA Cups? Your seriously trying to ignore probably the greatest period in our history to make our history seem comparable to Forest? 

I'm not having that. 

And absolutely yes, I think playing 109 seasons top flight vs a mere 57 makes an enormous difference when comparing the history of 2 clubs.  It would be laughable not to. 

Well, yes and no.  It's such a long time ago that many clubs around back then don't even exist anymore.  So taking a "yo, but we won 30 trophies in the 1800's" feels, to me, completely irrelevant to what a club has become (and I've used 100 years, which is still a really big period!).  It's a bit like the European Cup win for me - it's great, we should be proud, but I didn't see it.  It doesn't feel, to me, like we're a "European" level club however there are at least a LOT of people alive who witnessed that and feel that we are.  There aren't many people alive who witnessed 6 of our 7 top flight titles.

On the last part, it's pretty meh for me.  I find the whole "we're a big club, you're not" stuff tedious in any case.  I love new clubs being promoted rather than the same old, same old.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well, yes and no.  It's such a long time ago that many clubs around back then don't even exist anymore.  So taking a "yo, but we won 30 trophies in the 1800's" feels, to me, completely irrelevant to what a club has become (and I've used 100 years, which is still a really big period!).  It's a bit like the European Cup win for me - it's great, we should be proud, but I didn't see it.  It doesn't feel, to me, like we're a "European" level club however there are at least a LOT of people alive who witnessed that and feel that we are.  There aren't many people alive who witnessed 6 of our 7 top flight titles.

On the last part, it's pretty meh for me.  I find the whole "we're a big club, you're not" stuff tedious in any case.  I love new clubs being promoted rather than the same old, same old.

You know what history means, right? 

Â