Jump to content

The Premier League Hall of Fame


maqroll
 Share

Recommended Posts

I like that they're doing this. It's a fun way to honor former greats and reminisce about bygone years. 

In the States we also induct coaches and announcers and there's a ceremony and speeches. A good day out for family and friends and a formal way for inductees to say their piece.

No Villans in there yet. Who would our first inductee be? Sadly, probably no Villa player in the PL era makes the cut.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

I quite like the concept and the players themselves seem pleased with it. 

Names that’s spring to mind for me are Milner and Young, but not necessarily for what they did for us. Most likely, maybe Gareth Barry?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

I like that they're doing this. It's a fun way to honor former greats and reminisce about bygone years. 

In the States we also induct coaches and announcers and there's a ceremony and speeches. A good day out for family and friends and a formal way for inductees to say their piece.

No Villans in there yet. Who would our first inductee be? Sadly, probably no Villa player in the PL era makes the cut.

We have former Villa legend Peter Schmeichel. And current Villa legend Steven Gerrard.🤨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

We have former Villa legend Peter Schmeichel. And current Villa legend Steven Gerrard.🤨

Another former Villa legend in Roy Keane 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

McGrath would be our obvious choice but slim pickings after that.

Barry, Yorke maybe? However, more likely for their time with other clubs. 

Terry and Pires will probably go in but yeah nothing from the Villa days

I do like they only put in the very top players and Beckham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

McGrath would be our obvious choice but slim pickings after that.

Barry, Yorke maybe? However, more likely for their time with other clubs. 

Barry makes sense, he is still the record holder of number of PL games? Not sure if there is any other contender for this and how far off to his record

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Barry makes sense, he is still the record holder of number of PL games? Not sure if there is any other contender for this and how far off to his record

Milner is about 75 games off the record then thats it really. Lennon is the 2nd highest still playing but about 200 games behind 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

John Terry?

He will probably go in next year, imagine with Gary Neville and big Emile to add a Villa element 😉

Gerrard is the only member who hasnt won a league title and Shearer the only one not to play for a scum 6 team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

American nonsense 

Barry will make in there one day, so will Milner, Schmeichel must be in there already? 

James, heskey and Yorke will make it in there before mcgrath, the representation of all the various clubs will be shit, we all know how this is going to go

Edited by villa4europe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Hall of fame in general is not a bad idea. NHL:s in Toronto is a great visit. But Premier League? Not for me.

That's my problem with it, it feels like a tacky steal from other American sports 30 years after the PL started let alone how many years after the football league started, it wipes out a huge chunk of history and it will be heavily weighted to the PLs favoured clubs especially if they any kind of fan involvement 

Where will they build the money spinning tourist trap where you get to see a Paul Scholes shin pad? Manchester or London? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

**** premier league era. 

It's like football was only invented in 1992 🙄

****In kids think the world didn't exist before they were born, screw shiteh and screw Chelsea too and shove manU up liverplops arse, **** em all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

****In kids think the world didn't exist before they were born, screw shiteh and screw Chelsea too and shove manU up liverplops arse, **** em all.

Still nobody cares about Spurs 😂😂😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about Ron Saunders ? we won the league with him and beat B.Munich in the European cup final.Also that was our 6th consecutive season in the top 6 of the old Division 1.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â