The Premier League Hall of Fame

maqroll

7 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

spacer.png

PFA player of the season in the inaugural Premier League season. 

Right, but how many years in the Premier League did he play, 2? He'll never get in.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

How about Ron Saunders ? we won the league with him and beat B.Munich in the European cup final.Also that was our 6th consecutive season in the top 6 of the old Division 1.

Annoyingly, it looks like it's restricted to Premier League era only, which is pretty stupid actually. It should be an English Football HOF for all time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he stopped playing in the top flight in 97 the same year as Cantona

But did he feature much after 1994? I still started following Villa in 1995 and don't recall seeing much of him.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

But did he feature much after 1994? I still started following Villa in 1995 and don't recall seeing much of him.

He did. He played nearly 170 Premier League games in 5 years with one of them at Derby

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tegis said:

English Football HOF, not a bad idea.

PL hall of fame, whats the **** point in cutting off 100 years of heritage?

It's silly. Should be all time.

On 24/04/2022 at 10:29, sidcow said:

I mean Aleksandar Tonev should be a shoe in really but you just know they'll go for Bergkamp or Beckham or something instead. 

They need to do a premier league Razzies

Most overrated

Biggest flop

Biggest rip off/money move/ last payday

Worst goal

etc

There already is an English Football Hall of Fame, founded in 2002. 

It covers the modern era AND the before times (pre 1992). Walter Tull was inducted last year.

Cyrille Regis, Paul McGrath, Danny Blanchflower, Peter Schmeichel and Clem Stephenson are Villa players who feature. Joe Mercer is the one former Villa boss on the manager list. No Villa representation for the women’s game, yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There already is an English Football Hall of Fame, founded in 2002. 

It covers the modern era AND the before times (pre 1992). Walter Tull was inducted last year.

Cyrille Regis, Paul McGrath, Danny Blanchflower, Peter Schmeichel and Clem Stephenson are Villa players who feature. Joe Mercer is the one former Villa boss on the manager list. No Villa representation for the women’s game, yet.

You'd think winning a major trophy would be enough to get a manager in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

So no Ramsey? 6 leagues and 6 FA cups??

I'd say winning the league is a major trophy. 

I'm 50/50 on winning the FA Cup but doing so multiple times would count for me. 

• 1 year later...
On 23/04/2022 at 09:30, maqroll said:

Played six seasons in the Premier League, playing 166 premier league games including runners-up in 92-3, league cup winners in 1994 and again in the 1996 league cup winning team (had to have an injection in his shoulder before kick-off).  Premier league Player of the Season in 92-3.  He was a regular in the Villa team until the end of 95-96 season.  Part of a back-three that included Southgate and Ugo under Brian Little after partnering Shaun Teale under BFR..  Played on at Derby in 1996-97 season. 

Â