Midweek Football 18/21 April

andykeenan

How well Newcastle are doing doesn't reflect badly on us, since January 1st only Liverpool have taken more points than them, they're doing exceptionally well, it's not about how bad we are, it's about how good they've been unfortunately, nothing we can do about that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not that embarrassing really, they were only 5 points behind us in November, they’ve played two games more, been back in the premier league longer than us and spent a fair whack in January. 

On Christmas Day we had 22 points and a game in hand. They had 10 points

2 minutes ago, useless said:

How well Newcastle are doing doesn't reflect badly on us, since January 1st only Liverpool have taken more points than them, they're doing exceptionally well, it's not about how bad we are, it's about how good they've been unfortunately, nothing we can do about that.

We are 16th in the calendar year though

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not that embarrassing really, they were only 5 points behind us in November, they’ve played two games more, been back in the premier league longer than us and spent a fair whack in January. 

Not that embarassing at all, because IF they win this, they will have played 2 games more, be ahead of 9 other teams ( including us ) and be about 8th in the form table.

The team has come into form and are beating other teams.... Shocker.

If we go on a good run, but Newcastle keep winning, and finish 9th, and we finish 10th, would it still be embarassing?

As a matter of fact, how many times have we finished above Newcastle in the past decade? Loll

Looking at the live table, all the teams around us should be more " embarassed "

Me actually think we'll still finish above Newcastle, they've got Norwich on Saturday so likely another three points, but after that they have a difficult run of games coming up, whereas I expect us to go on a run after Leicester, might even get something from Leicester. They're due a bad run, we're due a good run.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

When they spent a record amount in a January transfer window

But more than that I think it's all mental, they have momentum we are on the beach, don't think they're actually any better than us they're just turning up and we're not

And that's whats embarrassing 

They’ve played well whilst also benefiting from some VAR fortunes - especially against us. 

Arteta is such a moaner and he was out of his technical area and almost on the pitch interfering with a Chelsea player a moment ago - I think refs need to get on top of him.

His team are very decent in fairness to him.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Arteta is such a moaner and he was out of his technical area and almost on the pitch interfering with a Chelsea player a moment ago - I think refs need to get on top of him.

His team are very decent in fairness to him.

Really dislike Arteta. 

Arsenal are annoying lose just a few games in twelve or whatever it was before then winning again against us, then decide to lose to three of our rivals for a top half finish, and now suddenly back to winning ways against one of the division's better teams when it doesn't matter to us.

Â