Vas going a good thing

ianrobo1

So is Vas going .......  

34 members have voted

1. 1. So is Vas going .......

• A good deal all round for the player and club
    • A bad deal for the club which we will regret
    • Won't really make a difference

So lets judge peopel feelings on Vas going do you think it is a good thing for us a club he leaves, good for Vas he leaves or a bad sign of things to come.

This is not judging him vs Baros but just whether we should have let him go or not.

option 2, without doubt.

this "1 year left on deal" rubbish: if we had wanted to keep him (ie. if DOL had rated him) we would have offered him a new/extended deal.

£2.5 for a player of his age and quality is a steal for Citeh IMO.

Possibly a good move for Dazz himself though. Maybe he needed a fresh start.

I haven't judged because the think it's only a good deal if we have a ready replacement i.e. Baros....but please sign Baros first...just in case.....we could have tried playing Daruis on the wing though, that would've been my only criticism. If we did sign Baros then DV would only be back up, last ten minutes of the game because of his pace but as a winger, he might have more impact....too late now I think.

If DOL says its a good deal I believe him.

Vassell can run, but lets face it, he couldn't finish his dinner in past seasons. O'Leary is right, he has gone stale.

A football can't afford to get attached to their players, just because they have been brought through Youth System.

This is a football club not a foster home!

Apart from his pace, what exactly gives villa the right to charge any more for DV's services? IMO Nothing really.

So Vassell has played for England ... SO WHAT? He was used to provide pace, and IMO missing that penalty in the last international competition summed up Darius' mediocre career so far.

We've needed more goals for a long time. Why are people so shocked?

Anyone who thinks this is a good deal needs shooting. I have just read that Spuds hav e bid 9 million for Andy Johnson, a player with fewer caps, fewer international goals and who scored from the penalty spot for most of his goals last season because he is a diving cheat.

2.5 mill for vass, I'll say it again, clubs must love doing business with us!

:evil:

£2.5m for a player that has a scoring rate worse than 1 in 4 is very good I think.

Especially as he only has 1 year left on his contract.

He struggles to get into double figures evey year- Why should he be worth more than £2.5m??

I just don't like the sound of this deal. In theory I'm quite pragmatic about seeing the back of DV. I've enjoyed his time here, but things change and for me he can be improved on. My concern is will the board actually get a striker in that will improve on him, or get another striker in at all. History suggests that we can really balls up negotiations for strikers (on the occasions that we actually try) so has DOL been counting his chickens.

As many people have said on this site today and yesterday. If Vass is replaced, I'll wish him well, I'll sing his name when he comes back with City, but I'll be bloody glad to see the back of him.

IF we sign Baros all this will be forgotten. If we don't, we've sold, without needing to, one of 3 senior strikers when it is now accepted that clubs need 4.

Option 3.

If Vass had stayed, we would be looking at a seson of mid table mediocrity, getting knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round, and failing to beat either Blues or Albion.

Now Vass has gone, we are looking at a seson of mid table mediocrity, getting knocked out of the FA cup in the 3rd round, and failing to beat either Blues or Albion.

It all depends on whether we get Baros. It's as simple as that. If he goes and we don't replace him then we will regret it and it is bad for the club. If we get Baros then Vassell will not be missed and it will be good for the club, so ask me in 2 weeks.

It's a good deal if only he gets replaced with a better player.

Why was there no option for that??

I agree.

We cannot say for sure either way until the window shuts.

Call it Jam tomorrow of whatever else you like but, if we bring in a quality replacement things will be on the up again imo.

If we don't it is a big mistake imo.

Â