The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Might aswell go back to the days where you buy it in the foil and just leave it in the butter dish! 

Absolutely. Avoid all that plastic waste and all those nasty wosnames they put in margarine. Can’t think what they’re called but they’re bad for you.  Save money too.

• Like 1

After seeing how those spread/margarine vegetative butter-substitutes are made I challenge you to put one ounce of it in your body. Horrible stuff and it taste like hand-creme. 🤮

5 minutes ago, Tegis said:

After seeing how those spread/margarine vegetative butter-substitutes are made I challenge you to put one ounce of it in your body. Horrible stuff and it taste like hand-creme. 🤮

I suppose it's another hidden way to emulate America.

Everything here is gradually becoming super-sized and/or full of crap (both in most cases), which in itself does the devil's work.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What the hell is going on with Flora butter?

Bought a tub earlier today. I noticed all the packaging and design had changed but thought nothing more.

Try and spread the bloody thing and it rips the bread apart!

Another victim of the cost cutting exercise where the 'spreadable compound' within it has obviously been removed.  ******s!

I mentioned this the other week. 

It's awful. They've gone full vegan and removed all dairy and also removed palm oil. 

I can see their sales collapsing. The barefaced cheek of calling it "original" as well. 

I think I'll have to move to olive oil based products if this is the way the world is heading. 

I'd rather use butter but you need something to use straight out of the fridge for a quick sarnie. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Serves people right for putting butter/marg on sandwiches. 

Justice has been served (or spread)

Oh dry up won't you (like your dog-eared sandwiches 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I mentioned this the the week. 

It's awful. They've gone full vegan and removed all dairy and also removed palm oil. 

I can see their sales collapsing. The barefaced cheek of calling it "original" as well. 

I think I'll have to move to olive oil based products if this is the way the world is heading. 

I'd rather use butter but you need something to use straight out of the fridge for a quick sarnie. 

Pure Spread is excellent, and healthy.

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see where she could be coming from.

Might aswell go back to the days where you buy it in the foil and just leave it in the butter dish! 

As there's no chance in hell I'm paying £7 for Lurpak spreadable!

It is worth it though.

On that note, has anyone tried the Tesco imitation? Almost bought it at my mates' place last weekend, but I stuck to the comfort of Clover instead. For crumpets, pissing with "butter".

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't eat the stuff, but don't people use butter dishes anymore? Other than the height of summer it'll be alright out for weeks

• Like 1

Â