Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Hause joining Watford is good new for our CB situation. Either we think we've got a replacement sorted or Carlos injury isn't a full ruptured Achilles and he'll be back sooner than we feared 

Actual Footage of Beast Carlos body and Achilles regenerating in real time.

Growth Muscle GIF - Growth Muscle Grow - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

On 21/08/2022 at 13:23, HalfTimePost said:

Pape Sarr had his chance to join didn't he and turned us down? Not sure over paying to Levy will be on the agenda imo

yeah he turned us down originally, the spurs thing hasnt worked out and supposedly available for around 15 mil from spurs

tbh, right now im a little non plussed about who we might sign, because i really feel like.....it doesnt really matter who we sign with Gerrards s*** formation and tactics.

Gerrard could make prime Barcelona play like a sunday league under 12s.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, right now im a little non plussed about who we might sign, because i really feel like.....it doesnt really matter who we sign with Gerrards s*** formation and tactics.

Gerrard could make prime Barcelona play like a sunday league under 12s.

Agreed im far from convinced and i have been pretty fair and gave time to see something different but everything seems to look out of place so badly 

• Like 1

We just haven't done enough unfortunately. We made a good start and signed some good players at the beginning of the window, however we have stalled, other teams have strenghtened massively, and we are now standing still. Hammers, Newcastle and Palace have all made some smart additions. We have alienated Sanson, let Traore, Hause and el Ghazi head out and not really replaced them. Need another midfielder, a decent one if not going to use Sanson. So the squad is a lot weaker than it should be at this point.

Hammers are going to come here on Sunday and pick up their first 3 points of the season unfortunately, a couple of their new signings will probably score. This summer was a great opportunity to seize but we havent done that and other teams have. We also have a joke of a manager who is tactically inept, a poor man manager and someone who is abrasive and rubs people up the wrong way. I think the club didn't grasp the opportunity and really disappointed if im honest

• Like 4

So we still need a Centre Back, a Defensive/Central Midfielder and some sort of attacker whether that’s a winger like Sarr or a striker.     

Seems like a lot of action to get done in the  next few days. 

Edited by ender4

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I've heard Villa are moving hard for Otavio Edmilson da Silva Monteiro.

Voices inside your head or for real? 

You called the Sarr thing before anybody else.. I’ll credit you for that. I want to believe in you, Messi. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i really think Bissouma and Phillips were two of our top targets this summer, and we missed out on them both, but we dont seem to have another plan.

Either that or Gerrard thinks our midfield 3 is good enough, if he does it will probably cost him his job (along with his nuts tactics).

Well we know we were definitely after Bissouma at some point, so makes sense that we are still looking for someone (unless Kamara was our Bissouma replacement).

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I've heard Villa are moving hard for Otavio Edmilson da Silva Monteiro.

i dont think its statistically possible that you could be right twice in two days.

I think if this were to happen, a probability singularity would form in our universe and sprout an infinite number of Messi11's, which would be very bad for all the non Messi11's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, ender4 said:

Well we know we were definitely after Bissouma at some point, so makes sense that we are still looking for someone (unless Kamara was our Bissouma replacement).

i think we wanted both.

Which would make sense.

Although El Capitan is world class, so maybe not.

31 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Getting left behind by Palace 🤣

Palace, Leeds and Newcastle currently look miles better than us in terms of manager, recruitment and performances on the pitch. 

Then you've got the usual big 6 clubs, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves and if Leicester get a new manager. 

With the financial investments into players with little resale value and zero progress on the pitch, the hiring of Gerrard could seriously set us back.