Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe this is the tactic, to put out links so shit they make you want the initial " shit " links to be true instead. 🤣

I thought the same after I said I didn’t want Graham Potter, the rumours then started on Gerrard and look how that turned out.

giphy.gif

88050A27-114D-4019-9AFB-B4B196323498.jpeg

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That number was probably correct until he signed his new contract earlier this year. He’s likely on 10 times that now, or at least 50.

You're absolutely right!

Just checked.

70 k. I knew something was off!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jacob-ramsey-rewarded-with-70k-a-week-deal-by-aston-villa-nz6l9ksr7

10 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Were those players linked with City, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc when they were signed? This very thread is talking about Liverpool being interested in Ramsey. We just sold Carney to Chelsea for £20 million despite him not having accomplished a damn thing. 

This entire thread has devolved into nothing but people complaining we either aren't buying enough or selling enough. It's maddening.

Maybe I didn't get my pint across well, went for early pints and home with a Chinese. The point I was 'trying' to make was that there are lots of players out there that are exciting young players and we can (and do) sign them, we don't have to pay 20m+ for them. Every transfer window we sign a few really good prospects and that is why we have such a good group coming through. If Liverpool want to buy JJ, then fine, we should sell him and use the money to improve our first team. He would have to be 40m/50m+. If we sell JJ, we can buy a really good replacement CB and a CAM. Brilliant business for Villa

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Pull the other one. He'd have been financially secure for life playing for Villa. When I was his age I was barely clearing £20,000 a year. He would have been earning twice that a week. 

Take your sympathies for young ballers elsewhere, you'll get none for me. Life is tough for the lads playing non-league and trying to hold down a job, all to try to afford a mortgage etc. Not for Carney **** Chukwuemeka. 

Its not sympathies for young player, it simply understanding the decision making as opposed to thinking they are morons. As you say, life is tough for non-league players and Chuk has the intelligence to see this and he has decided to cash in on his potential and secure himself financially for life. A very sensible thing to do and very far from being a moron

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Its not sympathies for young player, it simply understanding the decision making as opposed to thinking they are morons. As you say, life is tough for non-league players and Chuk has the intelligence to see this and he has decided to cash in on his potential and secure himself financially for life. A very sensible thing to do and very far from being a moron

Let's say he was offered 40k p/w at Villa. I'm sure he's on quite a bit more at Chelsea but let's just say that. At Villa that's over 2m a year, let's say the contract is for 4 years, that's 8m, after tax it's roughly half. Worst case scenario he doesn't make it at the top level and drops down a level or two, maybe he only makes another 2 million NET for the rest of his career, that's still 6 **** million pounds.

How much does his church, oops I mean him and his parents, need to live off for the rest of their lives?

And you act as if these guys, when they retire at 35 or whatever, can't just go and get normal **** jobs like the rest of the world. Even if they're not highly educated or skilled outside of football, they can still slum it for minimum wage like me and all my mates had to for years, I can guarantee you we didn't have 6 mill in the bank when we did, and we don't now and never ever will either.

I've no intention of aligning with this reasoning for him jumping ship to **** Chelsea, it absolutely stinks and can't be explained by him taking reasonable steps to be financially secure, he already was. It's called greed mate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Alverez: because he was going to a bigger team than Villa

Cucurella: We have Digne and we don't have 62m to recruit a backup LB

Bednarek: We haven't bought him, I appreciate there is media saying we are interested but if we believe everything we read we would have a squad size of about 120 players

Not picking up the best talent: Have u heard we signed Kamara on a free?

I said Cucurella last summer not this summer. We should of been in for him instead of the 30 year old Digne

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bissosuma, Cucurella, Richarlison, Sarr, Zaha, Eze etc

why arent we signing these players before they go to brighton, palace, watford, qpr etc

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Let's say he was offered 40k p/w at Villa. I'm sure he's on quite a bit more at Chelsea but let's just say that. At Villa that's over 2m a year, let's say the contract is for 4 years, that's 8m, after tax it's roughly half. Worst case scenario he doesn't make it at the top level and drops down a level or two, maybe he only makes another 2 million NET for the rest of his career, that's still 6 **** million pounds.

How much does his church, oops I mean him and his parents, need to live off for the rest of their lives?

And you act as if these guys, when they retire at 35 or whatever, can't just go and get normal **** jobs like the rest of the world. Even if they're not highly educated or skilled outside of football, they can still slum it for minimum wage like me and all my mates had to for years, I can guarantee you we didn't have 6 mill in the bank when we did, and we don't now and never ever will either.

I've no intention of aligning with this reasoning for him jumping ship to **** Chelsea, it absolutely stinks and can't be explained by him taking reasonable steps to be financially secure, he already was. It's called greed mate.

Do you apply the same reasoning to Tim Iroegbunam, Ross Wilson, Ewan Simpson, Louie Barry et al? 

Players make the decision they believe is best for them for their career. Chuk has signed a 6 year contract at Chelsea. He is made for life. He is not a moron as you said, he is doing the right thing for himself and his family

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

why arent we signing these players before they go to brighton, palace, watford, qpr etc

Because smith didn’t want them? Haven’t we signed players that’ll be coveted by other clubs? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

You appear to have breezed over the mention of Kamara.

Not all unknown players will turn to gold. Brighton have had many failures too. We could just as easily say why haven't Brighton signed Tim Iroegbunam, John McGinn, Emi Martinez, Bouba Kamara and Matty Cash

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Do you apply the same reasoning to Tim Iroegbunam, Ross Wilson, Ewan Simpson, Louie Barry et al? 

Players make the decision they believe is best for them for their career. Chuk has signed a 6 year contract at Chelsea. He is made for life. He is not a moron as you said, he is doing the right thing for himself and his family

Yes but we’re not talking about the difference between staying at Villa on minimum wage and struggling to pay his rent or going to Chelsea for incredible riches. The choice in financial terms was stay at Villa for huge wages or go to Chelsea for even more unimaginable money, for a 19 year old or anyone else for that matter. 

The argument, “It’s a short career”, went out of the window years ago. Back before Sky invented football, a footballer might earn two or maybe three times the amount the average guy earned a week. Now they earn more in a week than a doctor earns in a year. The world really has gone mad. 

16 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Looks like Inter are signing Acerbi, and not Chalobah, which could open him up to come to us? 

Inter have been linked to about 30 different centre backs in this window, Acerbi might be one of the only ones that makes sense