Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

What a good question!

He is insured like all these big money signings are if they retire.......

If that happened we get a lump of cash but I have no idea how that affects accounts for FFP as it is just a lump sum.

As far as I'm aware from my attempted research on this. Wages are primarily covered but transfer fee amortisation isn't. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another solid CM eases pressure off our CBs to be fair. So you might be right.

There is an argument for a link up player for the midfield but I would still be looking for a DM for a double pivot, Luis will be good with Kamara playing there but when one of them gets injured or needs a rest you need another.

We need to control the middle taking the pressure off the defence anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

As far as I'm aware from my attempted research on this. Wages are primarily covered but transfer fee amortisation isn't. 

I just think the FFP angle of insurance is really interesting.

I thought the policies were for compensation of the transfer fee and any wages due for a player, but only when they have to retire.

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Lange was at the Watford v small heath game tonight.

I doubt it had anything to do with Davis as that's Henshall and Jedinak's job to look after the loanees.

Sarr would fit the wide forward, searing pace (ala Mane) model

43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I just think the FFP angle of insurance is really interesting.

I thought the policies were for compensation of the transfer fee and any wages due for a player, but only when they have to retire.

Insurance companies will underwrite anything. They just assess the risk and quote a premium, if we are prepared to pay it they will accept it. The likelihood is that the premium would be far to high in respect to our risk.

45 minutes ago, useless said:

I doubt it had anything to do with Davis as that's Henshall and Jedinak's job to look after the loanees.

Maybe he just went to have a laugh at the Blues

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He didn’t play though. 

Maybe cause it’s a done deal …

Or maybe now we have the ammunition in Boubs, Emi & Couts it’s Hogan’s time to return 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Insurance companies will underwrite anything. They just assess the risk and quote a premium, if we are prepared to pay it they will accept it. The likelihood is that the premium would be far to high in respect to our risk.

”Are footballers insured against injury?”

https://sqaf.club/football-clubs-insurance-injured-player/

53 minutes ago, useless said:

wouldnt mind seeing another Bacuna wear a Villa jersey or its the return of the great Villa no 9

Scott Hogan ends Aston Villa nightmare and returns to Birmingham City -  Under A Gaslit Lamp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depressing stuff in here. Linked to old has-beens, free transfers, bottom of the dumpster players. If this is the options I rather not sign any. Save the money for when Potter comes in to replace Gerrard

We could have been looking at a smell unhealth player, they've got some talented youngsters, Jobe Bellingham, George Hall, and Jordan James, in particular, all three England youth internationals and been linked with moves to premier League clubs, can probably rule out Bellingham, and Hall and James have only just signed professional contracts but if someone put in a bid they probably wouldn't have much choice but to sell.

Palace apparently in discussions for Sarr, and their equivalent of Lange was at the game tonight, maybe we're interested too, with El Ghazi and Traore seemingly out of favor, and Trezeguet and Carney gone, it wouldn't surprise me that much, would then have Buendia, Coutinho, Sarr and Bailey as wide forward / No.10 optons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We could have been looking at a smell unhealth player, they've got some talented youngsters, Jobe Bellingham, George Hall, and Jordan James, in particular, all three England youth internationals and been linked with moves to premier League clubs, can probably rule out Bellingham, and Hall and James have only just signed professional contracts but if someone put in a bid they probably wouldn't have much choice but to sell.

Palace apparently in discussions for Sarr, and their equivalent of Lange was at the game tonight, maybe we're interested too, with El Ghazi and Traore seemingly out of favor, and Trezeguet and Carney gone, it wouldn't surprise me that much, would then have Buendia, Coutinho, Sarr and Bailey as wide forward / No.10 optons.

Thought Sarr was a right winger? we got plenty of them 
Bailey and Buendia cant even get in the side at the moment. whats the point of signing sarr?

Edited by messi11