Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I love then "I watch football" retort. Basing your opinion of Carlos based on 2 or 3 games at Villa while ignoring the career he's had prior to then. 

Best of luck in there in the 1980s. Hope you have fun

So you think stats in a completely different league are valid when talking about the Premier ? Seriously ? 

Yes, I'll judge any player on what I see right here, playing for Villa, playing in this league ..... the rest is relevant to the leagues he played in and the eras in which he played but I respect your opinions if you think different !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Chelsea might give us a loan deal, they can't play all of their new signings and all of their existing players. We could even have offered Coady a season loan if the injury had happened a week earlier. Who can we now  get? I hope the club have a couple of options in mind. 

Forest may have a CB or two we could look at 😀

• Like 1

You wOt mAtE?

Forest ain't dossin about are they?

" Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks over the signings of French duo Houssem Aouar and Neal Maupay, sources have confirmed to 90min.

The French international midfielder Aouar is available from Lyon after making it clear he is looking to leave the club. "

https://www.90min.com/posts/nottingham-forest-in-talks-houssem-aouar-neal-maupay/partners/41099

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

We might as well just splash the cash on Maxence Lacroix. We need another big time CB anyways, especially if Gerrard and co were actually looking to get rid of Mings from the beginning. 

Mings has to stay now so just spend the money and bring in a top notch CB. 

Personally wouldn't also be opposed to loan someone like Nat Phillips from Liverpool on a cheap. He's starting tonight for Liverpool against Palace. Lets scout him now 😁

Edited by trillvillan
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You wOt mAtE?

" Nottingham Forest are in advanced talks over the signings of French duo Houssem Aouar and Neal Maupay, sources have confirmed to 90min.

The French international midfielder Aouar is available from Lyon after making it clear he is looking to leave the club. "

https://www.90min.com/posts/nottingham-forest-in-talks-houssem-aouar-neal-maupay/partners/41099

Aouar would be a high profile signing. That fat greek guy means business.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Coady is dire in a 2 man centre back partnership that's why Wolves let him go.

I know, but he always looked good alongside Mings. The bird has flown in any case and I doubt the Dingles would have loaned him to us, had we wanted him. 

9 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

We might as well just splash the cash on Maxence Lacroix. We need another big time CB anyways, especially if Gerrard and co were actually looking to get rid of Mings from the beginning. 

Mings has to stay now so just spend the money and bring in a top notch CB. 

Personally wouldn't also be opposed to loan someone like Nat Phillips from Liverpool on a cheap. He's starting tonight for Liverpool against Palace. Lets scout him now 😁

Maybe Liverpool are deliberately starting him tonight so as to put him in the shop window and tempt Gerrard to buy him. 🤔

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

NDicka would not join us.

De Vrij massive wages.

Soyuncu not good enough.

Not sure on the others but I highly doubt we'd be going after anyone in that situation due to wages alone.

Better off getting a loan for a season like Trevor Chalobah. Not greatest option but could be viable with option to buy and won't break our budget which is needed in midfield.

I love this type of post ruling out certain players due to nothing more than an opinion or a reference to wages.

Neither you nor I or anyone else for that matter outside the club know dick all about who the club might be interested in or what wages they would accept, or whether they would want to be a part of AVFC.

However, if you reference recent signings then anything reasonable is possible.

For instance, Ndicka is coming to the end of his contract. He has already played with Kamara and most players abroad wouldn’t dismiss the idea of playing in the Premiership for a well known player/manager and an improving team with ambitious owners who have deep pockets.

Concerning Soyuncu he has certainly lost his way a bit but I’m not sure you’re correct in saying he isn’t good enough. Few would have refused the chance to sign him previously?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we can’t get Lacroix, I would love us to sign Zagadou. There is a risk of knee issues with him, which we’ve had a great track record with at Villa Park.

Is that because he keeps jumping up and down and then to his knees?

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we can’t get Lacroix, I would love us to sign Zagadou. There is a risk of knee issues with him, which we’ve had a great track record with at Villa Park.

image.jpeg.f71dd0a7515633d948feaeaa6c35bde1.jpeg Almost...:D

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Kehrer from PSG is a good player who they no longer want, can play defence and midfield, West Ham have been after him for a few weeks

Zagadou on a free is a cracking signing if he keeps fit

They’re close to signing him I think

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You wOt mAtE?

He has been linked with every top team for about 5 years (Arsenal the most) and now on a cut price deal nobody wants him

Indicates he is not as good as the hype or maybe an attitude problem

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He has been linked with every top team for about 5 years (Arsenal the most) and now on a cut price deal nobody wants him

Indicates he is not as good as the hype or maybe an attitude problem

Yeah it seems he has been " nailed on " for Arsenal based on what i've read in the past.