Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I'd sell luiz before mcginn.

Are you smoking weed? I would Sell McGinn if someone came in with an offer! He brings nothing to the team! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, picicata said:

I don't know really. Last summer we had pretty much zero net spend, this summer it's pretty close to a 10million net spend. We spent a bit in January but it does seem to me either the FFP is closer than people think or we are dialing back on the spending.

Net spend is only a fraction though.  Kamara is on 12m a year.  Couthino, Dinge, carlos are all brought in on crazy wages as well.

The Bournemouth game was concerning for sure, but it is still only one game.

Hopefully we will see steady improvement over the next few games to settle the nerves.

I have low expectations as I don't think Gerrard is up to the task, but I still have hope.

I saw someone predicting 14 points from our first 11 games.  If that comes to bear, I think SG might be sacked.  

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Net spend is only a fraction though.  Kamara is on 12m a year.  Couthino, Dinge, carlos are all brought in on crazy wages as well.

Highly unlikely he is on £250,000 a week at Villa. Don’t know where you get your information, Twitter maybe?

25 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Highly unlikely he is on £250,000 a week at Villa. Don’t know where you get your information, Twitter maybe?

He's on 150 k per week according to the few sites I Google on.

Coutinho on 125 k and wait for it..... Digne on 163 k, surely that can't be right?

We paid no transfer fee for Kamara, and minimal for Coutinho but I'm hopin the Digne one is incorrect.

As we know, it could all be absolute nonsense.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's on 150 k per week according to the few sites I Google on.

Coutinho on 125 k and wait for it..... Digne on 163 k, surely that can't be right?

We paid no transfer fee for Kamara, and minimal for Coutinho but I'm hopin the Digne one is incorrect.

As we know, it could all be absolute nonsense.

Digne was the highest paid player at Everton on 130k a week and a 25 million transfer might have got him a payrise

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Are you sure? Remember transfer fees in and out are only one part, Villa’s wage bill has by all accounts increased massively this year. From having one player over 100k (Ings), we now have at least five (Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos, Ings). It all adds up against FFP.

Very sure.

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Exactly, which is why we need to ship out Guilbert, El Ghazi, Davis, Sanson and Traore before we do anything else.

We don't want to be not registering players for the squad that we pay millions to.

It’s a must that we sign another top quality player. I know for some reason people think our first 11 is really good but in reality it’s ass. I think we could do with a cb, cm and st. However I think we will get none