Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I watched a certain Newcastle youtuber last night....I watch it every so often just to see how much more delusional they can get.

They did a Premier league Prediction...they had villa at 11th and them at 6th......Gonna be a fun season.#

Paquetta apparently wants to stay where he is.

What’s the latest on Sangare mate?

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Brighton don't have multi-billionaire owners who can stick money in to buy their players.

They have to find money to back up the PL funds and they do that by selling.

Bissouma, White and probably Cucurella soon is £140m or something. 

They do what they have to to get by, and under Ashworth they did it pretty well. Pretty much a nothing club sat in league 1/2 for most of the last 40 years.

Ashworth going to Newcastle is a disaster for us.

The owner of Brighton is worth 1.3 Billion, that is 1 thousand three hundred million pounds. Will you stop that nonsense about having to 'get by'.  Brighton has revenues of circa 150m a year. Their spend is completely elective and is not constrained by owner's wealth.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not sure I have seen any media predict us yet for top ten this season

I haven't seen any media that published forecasts have us outside the top 10. I have even seen 6th and I have seen a 14% chance of top 4. Have you actually seen any media predictions of forecasted finishing places? What media is predicting us outside of the top 10?

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not sure I have seen any media predict us yet for top ten this season

You must have missed US data nerd site FiveThreeEight predicting us to finish 7th, with a 3 greater chance of finishing in the top 4 than getting relegated then!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

( :crylaugh:🙄 )

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You must have missed US data nerd site FiveThreeEight predicting us to finish 7th, with a 3 greater chance of finishing in the top 4 than getting relegated then!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

( :crylaugh:🙄 )

I remember this, I didnt think they counted as media experts

Hopefully they know something we dont :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

The owner of Brighton is worth 1.3 Billion, that is 1 thousand three hundred million pounds. Will you stop that nonsense about having to 'get by'.  Brighton has revenues of circa 150m a year. Their spend is completely elective and is not constrained by owner's wealth.

So as I said, they don't have multi-billionaire owners.

He's decided to spend how they do to get by. Bloom isn't going to pump hundreds of millions in for transfers. That's how he want to run it. (Gerrard wouldn't enjoy it there would he!)

My point is Ashworth ran the club well. That's it.

That brought on an odd post I didn't really understand about chucking money around which Newcastle clearly are not doing this summer. That would indicate to me Ashworth is starting off on the right foot.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

So as I said, they don't have multi-billionaire owners.

He's decided to spend how they do to get by. Bloom isn't going to pump hundreds of millions in for transfers. That's how he want to run it. (Gerrard wouldn't enjoy it there would he!)

My point is Ashworth ran the club well. That's it.

That brought on an odd post I didn't really understand about chucking money around which Newcastle clearly are not doing this summer. That would indicate to me Ashworth is starting off on the right foot.

Deciding how he will spend his money on the club is a lot different to 'getting by'. As I said, it is elective and not down to owner's wealth

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Deciding how he will spend his money on the club is a lot different to 'getting by'. As I said, it is elective and not down to owner's wealth

Dan Ashworth will now spend how the owners dictate for Newcastle to get by.

14 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

When you're arguing over linguistic semantics because you and another poster disagree on what our manager has shown so far it's probably time to take a break. It's all got way too toxic in here.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

"Ah I see you are financially in the shit. I'd like to give you our record fee plus possibly the most purely talented youth player we've produced in decades"

Quite the opening offer you have there

U wot m8?

A player who won't be here next season and a really low price for one of the best defensive midfielders in the game.....

I'd take that.

Just now, paul514 said:

U wot m8?

A player who won't be here next season and a really low price for one of the best defensive midfielders in the game.....

I'd take that.

I like Ndidi but I assumed he was past it from the purpose of a big transfer. Just googled him and he is only 25. He seems to have be around for a lot longer than his age suggests

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thabucks said:

As Rodger’s has confirmed they are in the shit financially could N’Didi be considered a less outlandish target … Offer Carney & £35-£40mill 

The player wouldn't come to us, he will be targeting a higher profile club than us when he leaves and is now in his last 2 years.

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

When you're arguing over linguistic semantics because you and another poster disagree on what our manager has shown so far it's probably time to take a break. It's all got way too toxic in here.

Its not linguistics, its the meaning  in the context of the post. Big difference. 

• Haha 1