Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

giphy.gif

I think we are going to spend big on a new striker next summer (maybe in Jan if things with Watkins & Ings aren't going to plan)

We don't really have squad space if we can't shift some of the fringe guys this year (El Ghazi, Hause, Nakamba, Traore, Sanson-- idk if I would put him here though) where we would be able to buy a few more players).

We've also got an issue with our home grown quota.

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

We've also got an issue with our home grown quota.

I thought we were allowed 17 overseas players in our 25 and we’re short of that at the moment aren’t we?

As far as I’m aware we’ve got 9 homegrown, 10 if you include Davis

45 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

This thread just took an upturn.

Get ****ed Ben Mee. 

Deserves its own thread. 

When we play Brentford at home can we just shout F@&£ off Ben Mee for the entire 90 mins, I think we should start a petition. 

• Like 3

Just now, burchy said:

When we play Brentford at home can we just shout F@&£ off Ben Mee for the entire 90 mins, I think we should start a petition. 

I’ll happily pay for a plane flyover with a nice banner telling him where to f**k as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

A Traore with game time is easily saleable for around £15-£20 m but we’ll be lucky to see £10m like this.

Nah. So so limited. Only a daft side would pay over £15m.

Slow and loses the ball in good positions too much.

We won't get any bids of £10m and that's nothing to do with bomb squad.

2 hours ago, burchy said:

Gerrard wants 7/8 out of ten performances every time you put on the shirt, he demands it.

He isn't very good at getting them though.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nah. So so limited. Only a daft side would pay over £15m.

Slow and loses the ball in good positions too much.

We won't get any bids of £10m and that's nothing to do with bomb squad.

He isn't very good at getting them though.

With respect, you are wrong.

Everyone seems to be forgetting last season he was constantly injured, he is a good player, easily good enough to be 4th choice and easily worth over 10 million if he is getting some game time.

38 minutes ago, paul514 said:

With respect, you are wrong.

Everyone seems to be forgetting last season he was constantly injured, he is a good player, easily good enough to be 4th choice and easily worth over 10 million if he is getting some game time.

I'm never wrong.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

I thought we were allowed 17 overseas players in our 25 and we’re short of that at the moment aren’t we?

We've 9 and must have 8.

But with so many potential outgoings, it's a close one.  I'd like to see more than the bear minimum homegrown in the squad.

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

I don't recall suggesting their reasons for not performing were the same or similar.  It's not a strange comparison at all, I literally dropped the name of the least consistent PL player I could think of.

You chose a black player that had issues from his youth and then compared him with another black player who plays football from the heart

3 hours ago, burchy said:

I've been doing some digging on this and believe this is where we stand (players under 21 have been omitted): 

1. Martinez(HG)
  2. Olsen
  3. Steer
  4. Cash(HG)
  5. Konsa(HG)
  6. Mings(HG)
  7. Chambers(HG)
  8. Young(HG)
  9. Digne
  10. Hause(HG) - likely to leave
  11. Carlos
  12. Guilbert - likely to leave
  13. Augustinsson
  14. Luiz
  15. McGinn
  16. Sansom
  17. Buendia
  18. Nakamba - likely to leave
  19. Kamara
  20. Coutinho
  21. El Ghazi - likely to leave
  22. Traore - likely to leave
  23. Bailey
  24. Watkins(HG)
  25. Ings(HG)
  26. Davis(HG) - likely to leave

So that's 10 HG players, 2 of which are either likely to leave or are unlikely to make the squad, leaving us with the bear minimum in terms of HG quota.

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I've been doing some digging on this and believe this is where we stand (players under 21 have been omitted): 

1. Martinez(HG)
  2. Olsen
  3. Steer
  4. Cash(HG)
  5. Konsa(HG)
  6. Mings(HG)
  7. Chambers(HG)
  8. Young(HG)
  9. Digne
  10. Hause(HG) - likely to leave
  11. Carlos
  12. Guilbert - likely to leave
  13. Augustinsson
  14. Luiz
  15. McGinn
  16. Sansom
  17. Buendia
  18. Nakamba - likely to leave
  19. Kamara
  20. Coutinho
  21. El Ghazi - likely to leave
  22. Traore - likely to leave
  23. Bailey
  24. Watkins(HG)
  25. Ings(HG)
  26. Davis(HG) - likely to leave

So that's 10 HG players, 2 of which are either likely to leave or are unlikely to make the squad, leaving us with the bear minimum in terms of HG quota.

Why don’t Steer nor McGinn count?

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our weakest players are now Watkins, McGinn, Mings, Konsa, Luiz. Basically, the players that either got us up or we bought when we came up. 

These will be the next to be replaced over time. There is a strong argument that none of them should be starting for us anymore even if one has been named captain. 

Well we got destroyed in the air today by that Rennes first half centre back. Doesnt happen if Mings plays or Hause

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Why don’t Steer nor McGinn count?

Steer should be counted (unless we’re not planning on registering him in the squad). Scottish players don’t count as home grown. HG relates to England and Wales. 

• Thanks 1

We’ve also got a fair few of the u21s that will be classed as home grown from next season too so I think we’re alright on that front (Ramsey, Archer - although not sure on his DOB)

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Steer should be counted (unless we’re not planning on registering him in the squad). Scottish players don’t count as home grown. HG relates to England and Wales

That’s bizarre.