Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We have our place in the food chain and must wait for others to feed from the table before we do - we may well sign Sangare but he will bife his time to see who comes in for him and then decide. we will  have multiple deals lined up and agreed pending others business being completed. 

Yeah. We all know we are signing Tielemans anyway.

We will probably sign someone out of the blue that we haven't been linked with, or find ourselves linked with someone out of the blue and then sign them a couple of days later, was a cliche at one point, but seems to be how we genuinely operate at the moment.

• Like 1

Sangare is slow. The Premier League will be too quick for him.

Thuram’s son who plays for Nice is the ideal player to bring in (if he’d come here) to play in a midfield 3 from McGinn, Luiz , Ramsey, Sanson assuming that Kamara will be in the centre of the midfield 3. 

Obviously as I’ve been away for most of the transfer window I don’t know who Khepheren Thuram has been linked with. 

it’s a shame Morgan Sanson hasn’t clicked with us as he’s the perfect foil for Kamara and Ramsey. 

Edit: just seen Thuram linked with PSG and the barcodes. 

Edited by Sulberto21

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Thuram’s son who plays for Nice is the ideal player to bring in (if he’d come here) to play in a midfield 3 from McGinn, Luiz , Ramsey, Sanson assuming that Kamara will be in the centre of the midfield 3. 

Obviously as I’ve been away for most of the transfer window I don’t know who Khepheren Thuram has been linked with. 

it’s a shame Morgan Sanson hasn’t clicked with us as he’s the perfect foil for Kamara and Ramsey. 

PSG

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our young players are still 18mths/2 years away at least from being ready to compete in the PL. Ramsey, KKH, Tim etc need more time and need to go out on loan for at least another season. 

We need to strengthen in midfield, up front and again at centre half if we want to challenge for Europe. We won’t do that so I’d be happy with 10th this season tbh. We can then go again the season after and try to push for 6th-8th.

The Bailey and Ings transfers have been a bit of a disaster so far and that is a helluva lot of money right there to not be performing. Poor transfers really, really hinder your ability to improve. You simply can’t make errors when spending that much money on players. Hopefully they come good this season but I won’t hold my breath. 

Didn’t I read Ings has even involved in more goals last season than any other player?  Bailey I will give you, but I am hopeful he can get his confidence and pace back.  

Why are we so impatient?  Give players a chance to settle.  The experience brought in should remove some of the pressure on younger players and give them chance to develop.  Gerrard stated that Kamara has real game intelligence, if he has that, the pace of the league shouldn’t matter as he should find/hold pockets to both break up and support play.  If we can create an environment for players to go out and play, then we will see results.  Good case in point, England Test Team, same players, different approach, results.

I doubt Kamara or Carlos would have signed for us unless Gerrard, Purslow and Lange were able to "sell the project" with promises of some ambitious  incomings apart from them and Coutinho.  So I'd be surprised and disappointed if there aren't at least two more major signings before the window closes, especially as our net spend so far is only around £30m so FFP shouldn't be an issue..  I'd bet Kamara and Carlos wouldn't be too happy either if we're done.     

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Edit: just seen Thuram linked with PSG and the barcodes. 

Sanson hasn’t had an opportunity, he obviously has talent but he hasn’t time on the pitch to show it. I wouldn’t write him off just yet but at the same time, don’t expect too much either

24 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

I doubt Kamara or Carlos would have signed for us unless Gerrard, Purslow and Lange were able to "sell the project" with promises of some ambitious  incomings apart from them and Coutinho.  So I'd be surprised and disappointed if there aren't at least two more major signings before the window closes, especially as our net spend so far is only around £30m so FFP shouldn't be an issue..  I'd bet Kamara and Carlos wouldn't be too happy either if we're done.     

I thought Dean Smith, Lange, and Purslow had it sussed. I was shocked to find Smith had been sacked but I now think that Gerrard is a bigger name in football and can therefore attract bigger names due to his playing exploits mainly

2 hours ago, useless said:

We will probably sign someone out of the blue that we haven't been linked with, or find ourselves linked with someone out of the blue and then sign them a couple of days later, was a cliche at one point, but seems to be how we genuinely operate at the moment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was it for us now, we have strengthened considerably. Any more signings now are a welcome bonus. Firstly, I think we need to move a few out of the door. I’ve been impressed by the way that Gerrard has gone about his business so far but saying that I know little about Kamara and Carlos but I am excited to see them play for us, I just don’t want to overhype them

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do we reckon Freddie Guibert could be staying? Seems quite happy and very involved from the training photos.

FB_IMG_1657968222647-min.jpg

Dear Carney

Having a great time. Not as warm as expected but we did get to feed the kangaroos and hold the koalas.

Wish you were here!

The lads

x

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was it for us now, we have strengthened considerably. Any more signings now are a welcome bonus. Firstly, I think we need to move a few out of the door. I’ve been impressed by the way that Gerrard has gone about his business so far but saying that I know little about Kamara and Carlos but I am excited to see them play for us, I just don’t want to overhype them

Just watched a Kamara compilation. Will have no problem with him. Reminds me in many ways of Roy Keane. Same build , less hatred 

I really want us to sign Calvin Bassey, I think he would be perfect for us. Tall, strong, fast, good technique, young and can play in many positions. He could compete with Digne for LB, cover for Mings at LCB, even challenge Ramsey for the no 6 role. With Augustinsson coming in I guess we wont go for Bassey as I understand he is predominantly a LB.

But please bring him in!

38 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we need another central midfielder, Kamara for all of how promising he seems, he is still untested in the PL, and we are one injury away from having the same midfield as last season. Imo the midfield is our weak spot. 

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Thuram’s son who plays for Nice

Suggested him a while back as I think he’d be ideal for us, especially as his carrying stats are really good and he’s break at breaking up play. He’s also about 6’5” or something too. At 21 we’d be ok rotating him with Luiz too. 

Not sure of his pace but I don’t think he’s slow. 

Would be nice to get in before the big boys for a change. 

• Like 2