Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I guess it’ll be Newcastle rather than us

I reckon that is us you know.

Newcastle don't appear to be going that way with their transfers at all.

It would be a mad transfer.

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Great signing for them and great signing for him. He’s crafting his career on playing games, rather than joining a big team and hoping he gets the chance 

But to him, looking from the outside and while we are the bigger we finished around the same area in the league, neither are likely to touch European places and he gets guaranteed football there and if successful get a top six move in a couple of years time.  

As fans we think we are massively bigger than Brentford but to outsiders we are a big club that have finished in the bottom half of the table for three seasons…

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure Hickey will be guaranteed game time at Brentford, Rico Henry looked one of their best players whenever I saw them last season.

I can't see Brentford making him their record signing and not playing him. Presumably he'll be straight in at right back as well as covering for Henry.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I reckon that is us you know.

Newcastle don't appear to be going that way with their transfers at all.

It would be a mad transfer.

Maybe, I think Newcastle want a big name and Botman was up there but Newcastle will want more of them.  My first thought was Newcastle but I can see why you think us.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But to him, looking from the outside and while we are the bigger we finished around the same area in the league, neither are likely to touch European places and he gets guaranteed football there and if successful get a top six move in a couple of years time.  

As fans we think we are massively bigger than Brentford but to outsiders we are a big club that have finished in the bottom half of the table for three seasons…

But we got better players than Brentford in his positions. 

from his point of view, he’s going to get more game time there than at Villa 

5 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

lange needs to start  pulling finger out before pre season

Haven't we spent like over £70m and signed like 6 players in the first half of the year? We also got a brilliant free transfer signing in Kamara who would have cost £25m+ in a transfer fee in normal circumstances. So like nearly £100m worth of players have been signed and we've sold Matt Targett

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I guess it’ll be Newcastle rather than us

Heard from a Leeds supporting mate who thinks it's them......apparently wanted as a replacement for Raphinha if he goes to Barcelona but according to him, its better for both clubs' FFP if structured as 2 separate deals rather than swap plus cash ?

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

But we got better players than Brentford in his positions. 

from his point of view, he’s going to get more game time there than at Villa 

I agree, hence if it was a flip of a coin I can see why he choose them over us.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Haven't we spent like over £70m and signed like 6 players in the first half of the year? We also got a brilliant free transfer signing in Kamara who would have cost £25m+ in a transfer fee in normal circumstances. So like nearly £100m worth of players have been signed and we've sold Matt Targett

Yeah we've done a lot, people need to chill.

I will say we definitely need to do more though.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I agree, hence if it was a flip of a coin I can see why he choose them over us.

Yeah. Even if he does end up a back-up option there, no kids ever going to threaten his place at Brentford as they have no youth system. Whereas you'd hope at Villa our talented young fullbacks will be pushing for backup spots in a year or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dillon66 said:

Heard from a Leeds supporting mate who thinks it's them......apparently wanted as a replacement for Raphinha if he goes to Barcelona but according to him, its better for both clubs' FFP if structured as 2 separate deals rather than swap plus cash ?

Absolutely no chance he goes to Leeds, he’d turn that down.  No way is he leaving Barca for Leeds after they sold their only two good players and they’d only just avoided relegation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Absolutely no chance he goes to Leeds, he’d turn that down.  No way is he leaving Barca for Leeds after they sold their only two good players and they’d only just avoided relegation.

I agree to be fair, plus it sounds like he has turned them down.

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can't see Brentford making him their record signing and not playing him. Presumably he'll be straight in at right back as well as covering for Henry.

So Brentford can sign Hickey, whilst having " good enough " Fullbacks for competetion, but us, who supposedley have ambitions of being top 6 - 8, have meltdowns about going after quality players in positions we have other " good " players. Lol ( Fans I mean )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Brentford can sign Hickey, whilst having " good enough " Fullbacks for competetion, but us, who supposedley have ambitions of being top 6 - 8, have meltdowns about going after quality players in positions we have other " good " players. Lol ( Fans I mean )

Whether or not he's better than Henry can be debated, but as he's two-footed and immediately their best option at RB he will be starting anyway. 

I've not seen these meltdowns you're talking about, although I don't think fans having differing opinions creates some sort of group hypocrisy when the opinions clash.

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yeah we've done a lot, people need to chill.

I will say we definitely need to do more though.

We've 2 months to do more. I think the left back needs to come in before we go to Australia ideally. Then it's based on players leaving and potentially being replaced. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Agree with that, he'd be mad to want to go there

That said the PL money... Also looking around the bottom half and thinking like who's big enough or ambitious enough to try and get him and I'm not sure the PL is like that anymore, we all have money 

Palace as a replacement for ayew, random guess but at the same time why not? It's not unfathomable that they'd try and do it, wouldn't be their record transfer either 

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We've 2 months to do more. I think the left back needs to come in before we go to Australia ideally. Then it's based on players leaving and potentially being replaced. 

Or Chrisene goes and actually gets some mins at LB so we can have a good look at him and see how far off he is

The Hause op means we probably wont have him to look at playing LB