Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I’ve never seen such mixed opinions from our fans. You have some that wants loads of big signings and others that want us to continue with our approach of signing a few young players each summer and bring youngsters through.  It just goes to show what a difficult balance to get right it is for the club. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed, can't help but like the bloke, so it took me off guard when the " shit podcast " comment was made, seems a lovely, and genuine bloke.

ALSO, the notion that he Evans just came out with  " We want Gallagher " etc is bollox, I actually watched the episode.

Luke et al specifically asked him about names, and he gave his thoughts.

Was Preece not Evans so not sure you did wateh it 😛

Its a decent show but the host is too positive 😂, the 2 guys who are usually on it are quite knowledgable 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was Preece not Evans so not sure you did wateh it 😛

Its a decent show but the host is too positive 😂, the 2 guys who are usually on it are quite knowledgable 

Yeah in a post I made about the same thing earlier, I noted I wasn't sure which one it was, always get them 2 mixed up lol.

The only one I don't ever get mixed up is Kendrick as he's a " unique "looking and sounding bloke..... lol

Yeah you are right, while host is a lovely bloke he's hardly objective haha. Always positive but we need a balance I guess.

I'm now wondering if i'm even on about the right Podcast, we are talking the UTV Podcast with the cool intro right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Jeez, Leeds after Charles De Ketelaere now. Another whose business has looked really really good.

You mean apart from selling their best player, captain and face of the club? 

Or not yet buying a CB to help fix their god awful defence?

The signings look alright but in terms of the teams needs they've got a long way to go yet, they'll still start the season with junior firpo at LB 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve never seen such mixed opinions from our fans. You have some that wants loads of big signings and others that want us to continue with our approach of signing a few young players each summer and bring youngsters through.  It just goes to show what a difficult balance to get right it is for the club. 

Nah, just listen to me..... everyone else is wrong 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You mean apart from selling their best player, captain and face of the club? 

Or not yet buying a CB to help fix their god awful defence?

The signings look alright but in terms of the teams needs they've got a long way to go yet, they'll still start the season with junior firpo at LB 

They remind me of Villa the year we went down. Sell your 2 most important players but spend the money on promising talent. I think they’ll stay up but they’ll definitely be in a relegation battle. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They remind me of Villa the year we went down. Sell your 2 most important players but spend the money on promising talent. I think they’ll stay up but they’ll definitely be in a relegation battle. 

They'll need some experienced solidity in there to replace Phillips.

Wonder if they'd be interested in Nakamba at the bargain price of.... 42 mill?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the players we want rid of would be good for promoted teams and relegation battling teams.

If I saw Trez going for a few million I would be right on that as a newly promoted team.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Jeez, Leeds after Charles De Ketelaere now. Another whose business has looked really really good.

Assume you are taking the pee? Losing Phillips, and Raphinha one foot out the door are the only two quality players at that club.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Assume you are taking the pee? Losing Phillips, and Raphinha one foot out the door are the only two quality players at that club.

Jack Harrison is good, Bamford is decent too.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bidding war with Newcastle. 

My Leeds fan mate explained they actually lost 3 of their 4 centre halves for lot of last season as well as Bamford for most of it which is why they struggled so much. That shouldn’t happen again. 

Tbf it’s like us losing Mings, Konsa,  Hause and Watkins.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I struggle to see what additional Midfielder we can get in this market that will be an improvement on Luiz. 

Bissouma or Phillips would have improved us. 

Kamara was our upgrade… now we need to upgrade on mcginn 😊

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Trying to lure McTominay away from ManU and buying out his contract is a really stupid idea, right? I just keep imagining him in a McGinn partnership. I've got it all wrong, right?

Right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

I know I sound like a 12 year old, and I know the good stuff is going to happen soon, but I keep on checking the internet for news and it's like.........nothing. Roll on August.

giphy.gif

It’s worse than that. I keep on checking VT and see Carney’s thread as the hot topic! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s worse than that. I keep on checking VT and see Carney’s thread as the hot topic! 

Not as bad as seeing the bloody Kelvin Philips thread in Villa chat still 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

--Luiz staying,
-Ings and Watkins staying
-Cant sell any of our fringe players

Looks like its just a Back up LB incoming and our summer business will be done. Enjoy the weekend. 

god ihope not we need more than a lb