Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d be happy to see Luiz go, Sanson go, nakamba new contract. Tell carney that he’s next in line after the new CM and give him minutes in league games and cups 

Shocked Meme - IdleMeme

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I can see Tim going on loan, and happy to have Marv backup incase kamara hets injured 

Nakamba still has 2 years left on his contract, we dont need to be giving him a new deal now and is probably undeserved

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nakamba still has 2 years left on his contract, we dont need to be giving him a new deal now and is probably undeserved

Ah fair enough, no need for a new one then.  We should still keep him around for another season anyway imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

Honestly, I’d be disappointed if Dougie left. He is a much better player than some would have you believe, especially when played in his more natural position. Real shame IMO. 

Maybe if we sign one more Brazilian it might convince him to stay.  I hear Neymar is available.

Fabrizio Romano on the Que Golazo podcast. I summarised to the relevant Villa bits.

On Douglas Luiz:

"Douglas Luiz is on the list for some important Italian clubs. Yesterday there were rumours about AC Milan - I'm told they are not negotiating for Douglas Luiz at the moment. Same for Roma, lots of rumours but nothing is currently taking place. But I won't be surprised if something happens this summer."

On Carney Chukwuemeka:

"I would keep an eye on him. Many clubs are looking at him and I'm not sure he stays this summer."

On what's next for Villa:

"I think there is something cooking on a potential new left back as I mentioned. And then lets see with the striker situation, but they're waiting for the right moment to jump in on that."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What is a decent fee for chuk? 

Take bellingham out of the equation as he's on another planet but chuks the best English player at his age group 

Assuming he'd attract CL level PL and European clubs

How much would year older played less PL games Harvey Elliot cost for example? 

£10-20m? Plus bonuses and clauses? More? Who's paying that when they can wait another year and get him for "free"? 

I don't think it's as simple as he won't sign so just sell him and we'll be OK, we'd end up with the shitty end of the stick 

Just now, villa4europe said:

What is a decent fee for chuk? 

Take bellingham out of the equation as he's on another planet but chuks the best English player at his age group 

Assuming he'd attract CL level PL and European clubs

How much would year older played less PL games Harvey Elliot cost for example? 

£10-20m? Plus bonuses and clauses? More? Who's paying that when they can wait another year and get him for "free"? 

I don't think it's as simple as he won't sign so just sell him and we'll be OK, we'd end up with the shitty end of the stick 

Stick him in the U23s then until his contract runs out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wes said:

Fabrizio Romano on the Que Golazo podcast. I summarised to the relevant Villa bits.

On Douglas Luiz:

"Douglas Luiz is on the list for some important Italian clubs. Yesterday there were rumours about AC Milan - I'm told they are not negotiating for Douglas Luiz at the moment. Same for Roma, lots of rumours but nothing is currently taking place. But I won't be surprised if something happens this summer."

On Carney Chukwuemeka:

"I would keep an eye on him. Many clubs are looking at him and I'm not sure he stays this summer."

On what's next for Villa:

"I think there is something cooking on a potential new left back as I mentioned. And then lets see with the striker situation, but they're waiting for the right moment to jump in on that."

Wow, insightful

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you are villa, how do you feel about the likes of Luiz and Carney just leaving you in limbo, simply waiting for a better offer to come in?

However, if one doesn't come in, they are happy for you to give them nice signing on bonuses and higher salaries, until the next offer comes in.

It's a bit of a piss take if you think about it.

It's like your girlfriend reluctantly staying with you because the type of bloke she wants hasn't propositioned her yet.

I lean towards the camp of f*ck them off. ( Moreso for Luiz if i'm honest, i'm a bit more understanding of Carney's situation as a young player )

You're often just delaying the inevitable and suffering for an extended period if someone's heart isn't all in it.

I couldnt care less its the clubs problem, how did Marseille feel about Kamara staying despite not signing a contract

If anything if the players were shit we would be wanting to sell them straightaway, loyalty works both ways. Players being criticised for seeing out a contract they signed, how dare they

Just now, Zatman said:

I couldnt care less its the clubs problem, how did Marseille feel about Kamara staying despite not signing a contract

If anything if the players were shit we would be wanting to sell them straightaway, loyalty works both ways. Players being criticised for seeing out a contract they signed, how dare they

Its what we employ lange for 

And I think it's important to realise that we don't know what's going on as fans and we are in limbo but we as a club shouldn't be, that's what purslow employs these people to do, they should have contingencies for their contingencies 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If you are villa, how do you feel about the likes of Luiz and Carney just leaving you in limbo, simply waiting for a better offer to come in?

However, if one doesn't come in, they are happy for you to give them nice signing on bonuses and higher salaries, until the next offer comes in.

It's a bit of a piss take if you think about it.

It's like your girlfriend reluctantly staying with you because the type of bloke she wants hasn't propositioned her yet.

I lean towards the camp of f*ck them off. ( Moreso for Luiz if i'm honest, i'm a bit more understanding of Carney's situation as a young player )

You're often just delaying the inevitable and suffering for an extended period if someone's heart isn't all in it.

If they ultimately signed I don’t think it would be a concern. End of the day they have to try and keep their options open for as long as possible to try and get the best deal for themselves and their family.  I get that.

However the club should probably have a deadline for them to decide by and if they still don’t want to sign a new deal by then make them available for sale and remove the offer of a contract.  

If they don’t manage to get a new club by end of the summer (which is unlikely) then keep them as squad players. Make it clear they are not part of long term plans.

Neither of them are that good that we’ll suffer if they don’t play as much for a season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm not even sure what you are trying to argue, and in the same vein, I couldn't give a toss about what's best for the player.

I'm commenting on what is best for the Football Club we support?

Or are we meant to be supportive of all our players seeing out their contracts?

You purposely evaded my point, the first line of my post said " IF YOU WERE VILLA how would you feel "

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not even sure what you are trying to argue, and in the same vein, I couldn't give a toss about what's best for the player.

I'm commenting on what is best for the Football Club we support?

Or are we meant to be supportive of all our players seeing out their contracts?

You purposely evaded my point, the first line of my post said " IF YOU WERE VILLA how would you feel "

well Marseille had same issue last summer and Kamara had a good season so I dont see a problem

As for the football club it would be hypocritical of fans of that club for criticizing a player for seeing out his contract when for the last year a majority of fans have moaned about the ex captain who left after signing his new contract

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well Marseille had same issue last summer and Kamara had a good season so I dont see a problem

As for the football club it would be hypocritical of fans of that club for criticizing a player for seeing out his contract when for the last year a majority of fans have moaned about the ex captain who left after signing his new contract

To be fair, Kamara was one of Marseilles absolute stars and integral to the first team.

Neither Chuk nor Luiz are to ours IMO.

I reckon Grealish would have been more comparable to Kamara at Marseille for example.

Either way, i'm more looking from a Business and Squad perspective.

For all we know, they could be holding up our decisions in the transfer market, as what we do might partially depend on what they decide, if you know what I mean.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2