Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t speak for Tolliso but Tiago was very well know already. Was a big player for Bayern.

He was very well known at barca! He was brilliant back then but they had arguably the best midfield 3s the world had ever seen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Any number 8 should be fundamental to ball progression, its the nature of the position. Where are you getting these stats from by the way?
I'd also say that getting Kamara in doesn't mean our number 8s have less defensive duties, and McGinn is still very poor at covering the defence, mainly due to his tortoise-like pace.

I think we need to realise he's an attacking midfielder or nothing, and in a side with Coutinho, Buendia, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka etc he isn't up to scratch there either. 9 goals and a handful of assists in and less than 80% passing success in 100 games is not great for a CM who supposedly likes to attack. I swear, if we get a mobile more composed and competent CM in his place this season the difference will be astonishing.

I think that the Number 8 to replace McGinn is JJ.  I just think it will take him another season to be strong enough physically and mentally to be the missing piece.  By that time hopefully Kamara and {unknown CM signed this summer} will also have settled into the PL and Villa - and we'll have a hell of a midfield. 

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Arsenal have brought Vieira from Porto, West Ham have brought Aguerd just off the top of my head of teams improving

Broja signing too for West Ham

Just now, Zatman said:

Kalvin Phillips is worth 60 million 

50 million for De Paul is a steal 

If Phillips is worth 60 million then Winks for 20 million doesn't seem quite as awful either....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

tolisso reminds me of a thiago alacantra type of player never screamed about but top class ( in fact never heard of him until he signed for L’pool), difference would be alacantra is not on the injury table as much . Coutinho & buendia yes but baileys decision making is woeful and need someone other than watkins/ings to finish off those chances on the top end too 

Have you seen Thiago's  injury record on Transfermarkt? He's made of glass.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Kalvin Phillips is worth 60 million 

50 million for De Paul is a steal 

Kalvin Phillips is worth half that, just because someone will spend that one him doesn't mean he is worth it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Kalvin Phillips is worth half that, just because someone will spend that one him doesn't mean he is worth it.

Thats the problem. Somebody paying 60 million for him increases everybody else prices. Fair or not fair

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Thats the problem. Somebody paying 60 million for him increases everybody else prices. Fair or not fair

I'm not paying 50 for a 28 year old after a bad season when they brought him at 27 for 30 after several good seasons.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I'm not paying 50 for a 28 year old after a bad season when they brought him at 27 for 30 after several good seasons.

I didn't realise he was 28, I don't know why I thought he was like 24/25 for some reason

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That is literally the definition of worth though…….

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

That is literally the definition of worth though…….

If there is only one Phillips, then yes it is the definition.

I however feel he isn't anything special and there is loads of players like him and therefore value a player like that much lower.

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

His valuation is nothing really to do with his performance last season, he has 4 years left on his contract and plays for a team challenging for titles and regularly in the CL knockouts.  Playing for Atletico rather than Udinese will increase a players market value.  

34 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Here’s a few mad ones from the knuckle draggers over at twitter 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886y1ykvcis2gzixjoop8

That's the fake villareport. 

Preece hasn't said anything about Wesley. I mean obviously he is not being offered a new contract