Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think we will buy another five to ten players, three to five of those for the first team, smash our transfer record, maybe even twice, and spend close to another £100M. Just because the media aren't giving daily updates doesn't mean that major things aren't happening in the background.

is that a joke

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why this is getting such reactions, when you break it down, it's all plausiable enough, new left-back, midfielder, and attacker, aren't going to come cheap, combined could easily cost the best part of a hundred million, and we could easily break our transfer record, pretty sure it's only around £34m as it stands, would hardly be a shock if we spent more than that on a new attacker.

'five to ten players, three to five of those for the first team', is also very plausible, if you look and read that very closely it means we could sign between three and ten players, but only three to five of those I would expect to be for the first team, but it also allows for the possiblity of academy signings.

• Like 1

Pretty much all the more reliable journalists have said and more than we want another attacker, John Percy, Matt Maher, and Tom Collomosse, it's only since Archer scored a few goals for the U21s against weak oppositon that people seemed to have got it into their heads that we suddenly won't be signing another forward.

We might not go for another attacker, but it would make perfect sense for us to do so, and has been widely reported that we want one, just because there hasn't been loads of clickbait articles doesn't mean that something isn't happening. I think it would have been one of the main priorites at the start of window and doubt that that's changed.

Ibrahim Sangaré would make sense as Gerrard was spotted watching him play just as he was spotted watching Kamara play, if we're in talks with him could get it done before pre-season. He wouldn't be the attacker I'm expecting but have wondered about Noni Madueke from PSV as well, they've also got a young left-back Mauro Júnior who's interesting because he can play both fullback positions.

Second two just baseless speculation on my part obviously, I haven't even seen Junior play, but Sangaré would be an interesting one, I haven't actually seen him play, I just mean based on the glowing terms he's spoken about in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Ibrahim Sangaré would make sense as Gerrard was spotted watching him play just as he was spotted watching Kamara play, if we're in talks with him could get it done before pre-season. He wouldn't be the attacker I'm expecting but have wondered about Noni Madueke from PSV as well, they've also got a young left-back Mauro Júnior who's interesting because he can play both fullback positions.

Second two just baseless speculation on my part obviously, I haven't even seen Junior play, but Sangaré would be an interesting one, I haven't actually seen him play, I just mean based on the glowing terms he's spoken about in.

Madueke would be a good signing if we’re shipping out Trezeguet and Traore. Probably El Ghazi too.

37 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Arsenal linked with some good signings let be honest
We gonna pull off a big signing I can feel it.

You an Arsenal fan then?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dotcomsimon said:

Preferred him over bissouma, 6’3” and strong, ideal alongside Kamara 

ADA3BCAC-54D0-451B-A889-FD9D5399E01B.jpeg

Sangare is more like Kamara than a defensive 8 like Bissouma is. Hence why I asked why. This is a player I like but for me it's an either or when we were going for Kamara.

33 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Unless we were to play a double pivot, which I've not heard anyone mention yet.

I assume you were replying to my comment....

Even in a double pivot you don't generally want a true DCM playing next to a true DCM, you want a hybrid like Luiz for example.

6 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think it was Matt Maher who’s very reliable mentioned the fact we may sign a forward, and didn’t highlight it as a priority. He’s also said we’ve no intention of selling Ings.  And personally I just think between Ollie Ings and now archer Gerrard will be content with those options. Centre mid and left back cover are more important imo

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we are actively in for a striker unless we sell Ings or Watkins. Has not been in any links to forwards recently except the Uruguayan sewer rat

Sounds kind of like if there were an opportunity, maybe? Would love to see the rat gnaw on a few oppositions I can think of ...  I'm no expert at the game, but I don't think I'll feel relaxed if we can't make more clinical finishes from our number 9s. I still worry that we need about 8-10 more goals overall next year to get to Europe, and my fear is the our midfield will be feeding balls up more readily but the finishes won't be there as often as they need to be.  Just an anxiety.   

Edited by Marka Ragnos