Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I personally think recruitment teams in football should be finding players that meets the managers need but ultimately it should be the manager that agrees to the player. He is the one that has to work with them and if they don’t perform he loses his job.  If I was a manager I’d want a very big say in who’s bought in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Wan-Bissaka available in the Ten Hag clear out. Very good defender but not sure he’d come to Villa as cover?

He’s decent but as you say would probably want first team football considering we have no Europe. Not worth spending big on a position we’re ok in imo.

If Leedzzz do drop, Robin Koch (fnarr fnarr) could be an option. 

German international, can play CB or midfield. 

He's had injury problems there but still only 25. They signed him for £12 million after coming up, so I don't expect he'd cost the earth either. 

Edited by HolteExile

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That Percy article doesn’t really add much to what we’ve heard before. 

Oh, and we need two midfielders above all else. If we don’t buy two central midfielders this Summer, you can kiss goodbye to a top 8 finish next season. 

I agree CM is the priority but not sure it’s that clean cut. We are only six points off 8th - winning two games vs Watford would have done it. So I don’t think it’s about glaring gaps but improvement wherever we can improve. Defensive mid is where I would start though.

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Wan-Bissaka available in the Ten Hag clear out. Very good defender but not sure he’d come to Villa as cover?

Good defender but awful going forward so even as first choice not sure he’d suit Gerrard’s system of width coming from the full backs.

• Like 1

ITK season has begun. Secretly love all the real/fake ITK drama 🤣

Interestingly, Kamara has gone public and said he has agreed on where he is going next...

2+2= b*ll*cks but sure its all part of the summer window craic

Screenshot_20220522-115500_Twitter.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

This is probably the the most ridiculous nonsense I've read on this site in weeks.

So managers shouldn't be allowed sing players to take the club forward? Klopp signed his entire team to get them to win things. Guardiola has done this twice. Smith over course of 2 seasons signed 15+ players. 

But no, Gerrard wants some new players and no he needs to be a Director of Football. Seriously, what utter utter nonsense. Complete utter nonsense

Gerrard signed 38 players at Rangers in 3 seasons. 

Klopp signed 43 players in 6 seasons and Guardiola has signed 35 in a similar time 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Philips would be a superb signing if he wasn’t so injury prone. 

And not a clogger. Bielsaball made him look slightly decent and now he is gone he has reverted back to his actual level 

Karl Henry with a shit haircut

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HolteExile said:

If Leedzzz do drop, Robin Koch (fnarr fnarr) could be an option. 

German international, can play CB or midfield. 

He's had injury problems there but still only 25. They signed him for £12 million after coming up, so I don't expect he'd cost the earth either. 

Would be worth it just for the Kennith Williams gifs!

1 hour ago, Hairdo said:

ITK season has begun. Secretly love all the real/fake ITK drama 🤣

Interestingly, Kamara has gone public and said he has agreed on where he is going next...

2+2= b*ll*cks but sure its all part of the summer window craic

Screenshot_20220522-115500_Twitter.jpg

Jonah Hill Excited GIF - Jonah Hill Excited Wow - Discover & Share GIFs

twitter search: @avfcagent -> follow

Don't let me down Mr. Agent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard signed 38 players at Rangers in 3 seasons. 

Klopp signed 43 players in 6 seasons and Guardiola has signed 35 in a similar time 

I think you have to consider what they inherited. Pep took over a title winning team and Klopp took over a team that was a slip away from winning title a year before. 

Gerrard took over a rangers teams that hadn’t won a title in a very long time and now a midtable villa team. 

I know you wernt actually making any points with your post but I think the above should be considered. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Don't sign him as cover tell him you envision him being number one.

Start him at the beginning of the season and if he isn't an improvement you go back to cash and let them fight it out.

Lie.

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we’ve signed Kamara, first player to be announced. It’s just too random for a manager to fly out all the way to Marseille during the season just to look at a player. 

I would be very happy if that were true.

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we’ve signed Kamara, first player to be announced. It’s just too random for a manager to fly out all the way to Marseille during the season just to look at a player. 

I think that's just called scouting 🤣 just because they did that doesn't mean he is signing for us. We have probably made an offer but we are one of many.

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And not a clogger. Bielsaball made him look slightly decent and now he is gone he has reverted back to his actual level 

Karl Henry with a shit haircut

It's as if Euro 2020 didn't even happen, honestly. 

Also, 80% of the reason half the Leeds squad are injury prone is because that bucket sitting binman completely ruined them. 

Just now, Pissflaps said:

I think that's just called scouting 🤣 just because they did that doesn't mean he is signing for us. We have probably made an offer but we are one of many.

Manager, DOF and CEO going all that way too? That’s more than scouting. 

• Like 1