Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If we don’t sign coutinho Id like to see to see JJ in his position and sign two midfielders. 
Something like 

New
       JJ          Buendia

Luiz                   Bissouma

Kamara  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If we don’t sign coutinho Id like to see to see JJ in his position and sign two midfielders. 
Something like 

New
       JJ          Buendia

Kamara  

I see your point but I see no circumstance where Luiz stays. I definitely think he’ll be moved out in the Summer along with maybe Sanson. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I see your point but I see no circumstance where Luiz stays. I definitely think he’ll be moved out in the Summer along with maybe Sanson. 

I’m still not convinced tbh. I think if he’s given a better role in the team he could stay

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Something like 

New
       JJ          Buendia

Kamara  

Not against that, but think we'd need a striker with good hold up play to have Ramsay running off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Drives me mad when i see net spend posted on Twitter (mainly by Liverpool fans may i add). Wages are were the problems are.  Liverpool pay 200m a year( 1billion over 5 years) more than us.  

400k a week for coutihino is basically 25m a year.!! 100m over 4 years.  Is he worth that?  I’ve my doubts.

i dont think for one second we would agree to pay Coutinho 400k a week.

I 100% wouldnt want us to sign him in that case.

150-200k ish, then ok, there's a discussion to be had.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

44 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’m still not convinced tbh. I think if he’s given a better role in the team he could stay

I'm thinking we will either keep one or the other, but not let go of both?

What's sad is I think BOTH Sanson and Luiz could have a very important part to play, as 8's.

However if Luiz goes, it might open more of a door for Sanson.

If we sign 2 midfielders though, it could see both dead.

We won't necessarily get all out targets though so who knows.

I think JJ could possible thrive in the role @IrishVilla10 has placed him though. 

Both him and Buendia are full of energy and are goal threats.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

A midfield three of…

—————Ramsey—————
Kamara—————Bissouma

is certainly a mouthwatering prospect. 

Who would be the front 3 in this scenario?

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Drives me mad when i see net spend posted on Twitter (mainly by Liverpool fans may i add). Wages are were the problems are.  Liverpool pay 200m a year( 1billion over 5 years) more than us.  

400k a week for coutihino is basically 25m a year.!! 100m over 4 years.  Is he worth that?  I’ve my doubts.

I'm prepared to be slated but I think not signing him will be a blessing in disguise.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Who would be the front 3 in this scenario?

Great question. Coutinho would play off the left, provided we sign him. Then you’d either play Buendia or Bailey off the right but Gerrard may fancy a new right winger and striker. Who knows.

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think for one second we would agree to pay Coutinho 400k a week.

I 100% wouldnt want us to sign him in that case.

150-200k ish, then ok, there's a discussion to be had.

He’s said he’s willing to take a big pay cut - the salary isn’t the issue I feel. It’s just a case of meeting the agreed fee per the terms of the loan agreement. It’s a little complex but totally doable. 

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm prepared to be slated but I think not signing him will be a blessing in disguise.

I am not against him signing as he is great to watch when on his game but if he does go I wont be as disappointed as I should be. I do think squeezing him in has probably unbalanced us

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s said he’s willing to take a big pay cut - the salary isn’t the issue I feel. It’s just a case of meeting the agreed fee per the terms of the loan agreement. It’s a little complex but totally doable. 

thats great then!, get him on baord as our first marquee signing! :)

36 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Has he said that? I have seen nothing online except some dodgy Spanish site

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It was widely reported he took a pay cut when he came here on loan, but I haven’t seen any comments about his salary going forward. 

Its known about the loan but thats it I think. Nothing on his full contract 

53 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think any footballer would turn down 40m over 3 or 4 years.  Enjoying football or not.  Im sure he would enjoy it at Newcastle with top players around him that they are going to inevitably buy.