Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats why

liverpool will cut their losses with him because his body is done, they'll replace his role of 4th or 5th choice with a kid or nat phiillips whilst taking someone for too much money for gomez

you know how we laugh about howe taking ibe and the other one for silly money or sheffield taking brewster for £20m? gomez will be even worse, wouldnt surprise me if liverpool expected his transfer value to start with a 3

I'd take him for 3 million to be fair mate. 

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'd take him for 3 million to be fair mate. 

They'll have lost 0.5 milllion on him then as he moved to them for about 3.5 million. I'll tell ya what, I'll throw in the 0.5 million as a sweetener as well, that way they make their money back.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

They'll have lost 0.5 milllion on him then as he moved to them for about 3.5 million. I'll tell ya what, I'll throw in the 0.5 million as a sweetener as well, that way they make their money back.

Hugely generous of you sir. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is starting to look like one of those moves which has been planned for ages and agreed between agents etc 

It hasn't gone away, and he hasn't signed a new contract.

Swap deal for Vertout. Bring him home.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

We have a great youth system and a decent team. I dont think we're far away from finishing top 8 next season if we're smart. 

Maybe off topic but still don’t understand  talk about top 8. I don’t want us to finish 8th, just below any chance of european football. It’s like going to the olympics with the intention of finishing 4th and not having to deal with medals.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Maybe off topic but still don’t understand  talk about top 8. I don’t want us to finish 8th, just below any chance of european football. It’s like going to the olympics with the intention of finishing 4th and not having to deal with medals.

You'd rather finish 12th?

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Regardless of Gerrard's summer intentions and what fans would like to see happen, players that aren't going to move are: Martinez, Digne, Mings, Ramsey, McGinn, Watkins. 

Everyone else has a question mark over them but SG loves the above.

Don’t think Cash is going anywhere after getting an improved contract last week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Regardless of Gerrard's summer intentions and what fans would like to see happen, players that aren't going to move are: Martinez, Digne, Mings, Ramsey, McGinn, Watkins. 

Everyone else has a question mark over them but SG loves the above.

Cash has just signed a new deal. 

Buendia is also going absolutely nowhere as we have no idea if Coutinho is signing permanently or not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Top 6 or nothing. 

Well, it's your lucky day, we're more likely to finish 15th than in the top half.

If you don't think that an extra half a dozen places in the table would make it easier to sign players, to show them we're on the right track and pushing on to get in to europe, I don't know what to say.

• Like 1

Gomez will be a stupid (and stupidly expensive) gamble. Picks up injuries for fun and I don't think I'll ever forget that 7-2 game where he looked broken by the time they took him off. Mentally he was gone in that game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Well, it's your lucky day, we're more likely to finish 15th than in the top half.

If you don't think that an extra half a dozen places in the table would make it easier to sign players, to show them we're on the right track and pushing on to get in to europe, I don't know what to say.

I’m talking about targets for next season. Obviously it would have been better to finish much higher this season, and it would have meant more tv money too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst I know this is tongue in cheek, Veretout wouldn't come anywhere near Villa Park ever again. By all accounts, he loathed his time with us. 

Tbf, so did the rest of us!

Still get a bit annoyed that the media narrative around us that season was generally that we were going down because we gambled on a  load of French players, rather than going into the season with Tim Sherwood as manager and Micah Richards and Gabby Agbonlahor as our club captains

• Like 2