Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just out of left field..... Timo Werner... 33 Million... anyone? (That's his going rate as he wants out of Chelski apparently)

I think he would be a really smart signing. He is a good age, works hard, has real pace, a good attitude, good feet and plays with his head up. His finishing has been poor for Chelsea but there is definitely a player in there. I think he would be great playing in front of Phil and Emi. In my view, he’s much better than Ollie or Ings.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Spoony said:

My point was none of their products get into the Chelsea, Liverpool or City squads. I include Rashford in that for sure. 

I agree, when Rashford first broke in to the Man United first team, he looked like he was going to be brilliant but he just hasn’t continued in the way he started his career for whatever reason. Injuries have played a big part I think in his career stalling, not a lack of talent 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree, when Rashford first broke in to the Man United first team, he looked like he was going to be brilliant but he just hasn’t continued in the way he started his career for whatever reason. Injuries have played a big part I think in his career stalling, not a lack of talent 

Maybe he needs a Gerrard/Coutihno type of happening to get him on track 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Maybe he needs a Gerrard/Coutihno type of happening to get him on track 

What he needs is to find his position, and to play there regularly without the poisonous Old Trafford atmosphere every week. 

He may not have turned out as well as everybody thought, but I think we’re being a tad naive in thinking he couldn’t be very good here. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think he would be a really smart signing. He is a good age, works hard, has real pace, a good attitude, good feet and plays with his head up. His finishing has been poor for Chelsea but there is definitely a player in there. I think he would be great playing in front of Phil and Emi. In my view, he’s much better than Ollie or Ings.

Werner is still rated because he plays for Chelsea (sometimes) and cost a lot to sign. He’s energetic but that’s about it imo. His touch is poor and so is his finishing, even at Leipzig he usually needed  relatively many chances per goal. 

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Just out of left field..... Timo Werner... 33 Million... anyone? (That's his going rate as he wants out of Chelski apparently)

Surely Pulisic would be a better fit for us.

Bit injury prone but has good pace, chips in with goals and can play LW or as inside forward. Wes would certainly be breaking the bank if he had any interest in joining us.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Werner is still rated because he plays for Chelsea (sometimes) and cost a lot to sign. He’s energetic but that’s about it imo. His touch is poor and so is his finishing, even at Leipzig he usually needed  relatively many chances per goal. 

Not sure about that. According to wiki, he has played 49 times for Germany and scored 22 goals. That’s impressive and has nothing to do with Chelsea. He’s rated because of the things he’s done away from Chelsea. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out at a particular club.

He also has a really good touch in my view. It’s only his finishing that has let him down at Chelsea. The rest of his game has been good.

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Incredible bargains can be had for players when they have had a big move that hasn’t worked out if you pick well.

You need to know why it hasn’t worked and if that is likely to be fixed by them moving to your club.

Get it right and you get half price players you could never have usually signed.

Wages is usually an issue though, and as our wage to turnover is likely at 90% now that’s an issue with signing new players for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Greenwoods career is over. Whilst 'smacking' women is abhorrent enough, he's a rapist. His career is being managed by nobody, he's suspended whilst the police investigation and court case are on going.

He's done.

Unless he goes to jail for a significant amount of time someone will give him a chance but I doubt it will be us.

5 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

So Luiz could be slipping out of the number 6 Villa shirt.....

... and slipping into the number 8 Villa shirt? Please?

Yeah you'd hope so, considering we were getting offered near £35m for him in January it'd be weird to push him out a few months later. You'd imagine there'd be more of a plan for him than that. 

Suppose we'll see when Nakamba is back whether Dougie gets played as an 8 or if he's benched behind Ramsey/McGinn

I’d be more than happy to let go of 3 of our current crop of midfielders in the Summer if it meant we could bring in 2 quality options. Ramsey aside, I think I’d be disappointed if we’re starting with any of our options from this season.

Its our weakest area by a mile. 

• Like 1

We could be really ballsy this Summer and raise some significant funds, as well as the money set aside, and overhaul the starting XI. I know some are worried about squad harmony, and that’s fair, but the owners want improvement and we’ll never break the top 7/8 if we don’t change a number of our outfield players. 

We could potentially bring in something like…

Targett - 15m
McGinn - £30m
Luiz - £22m
Sanson - £10m
Trezeguet - £1m
El Ghazi - £5m
Watkins - £35m
Traore - £8m
Davis - £6m
Total - £132m

I’m not saying we should do this at all, just that we can raise funds. 

I’d then go and spend all of that, plus the money left over on Coutinho and 3 quality starting options (2 centre mids and a striker) and a replacement full back (probably Hickey) to compete on both sides. 

We’re extremely bloated at the minute without European football and we also have some promising youngsters who can’t get into the side because of how many players they have in front of them. 

For me, it’s time to say goodbye to a fair few of the current crop and really go after quality. 

Edited by Delphinho123