Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Just now, DCJonah said:

No one talks about our injuries. I think we've been one of the worst to be effected by them. 

This.

Whenever Spurs get an injury it’s all over the media. We’ve had 3 first teamers do their ACL’s in about 6 months and nobody says a word.

The best bit is that if we don’t get a Champions League spot all the clearings in the woods on SSN will be saying that we bottled it and Emery is not as good as first thought.

Pricks.

• Like 3

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I’m confused about this timeline. Maybe it’s not a complete tear? 

No idea, but the only concrete information we have on timescales is "4-5 months", so it's very weird that people are just pulling "9-12 months" or "out for most of next season" out of thin air and running with it.

Losing Kamara for the rest of this season is disastrous enough - there's no need to make stuff up. People don't need to concoct things to be miserable about.

• Like 1

Lot of crybabies saying the season is over 😂

We have won 9 games from the 20 he hasnt started since he signed. Great player and hope he recovers soon but OTT dramatics

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

That physio-scout guy on twitter is good at spotting injuries from freeze-frames but his times out are a bit off. Last week he said you'd be back from a complete MCL rupture in 2 months which is way too soon today he said  9-12 months for ACL which is a bit on the pessimistic side. Many have been back playing at 9 months.

So? Ornstein, who was almost certainly briefed on the injury by the club directly, said 4-5 months is the expectation. Why is some Twitter physio now being taken as gospel over the club itself?

I put it in the Konsa thread, but maybe he could take up a position similar to Kamara as he could drop back to CB when our fullbacks are attacking.

Could be our John Stones type player.

Saying that, not having Konsa in the back 4 is a problem in itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

So? Ornstein, who was almost certainly briefed on the injury by the club directly, said 4-5 months is the expectation. Why is some Twitter physio now being taken as gospel over the club itself?

No, I, as a physio with degrees in physiotherapy and sports medicine who used to be a physio at villa and has rehabbed over 50 people following ACL injury and have published papers on ACL injury in the British journal of sports medicine am giving myself a little bit of credence.

I am not giving any credence to the twitter physio who I have already said is all over the place with his return to play times but have given him credit for spotting injuries from video stills.

I have said you are looking at 6-9 months for ACL injury.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Mantis said:

No idea, but the only concrete information we have on timescales is "4-5 months", so it's very weird that people are just pulling "9-12 months" or "out for most of next season" out of thin air and running with it.

Losing Kamara for the rest of this season is disastrous enough - there's no need to make stuff up. People don't need to concoct things to be miserable about.

Well to be fair, I’m assuming, they’re basing this off the other two ACL injuries we’ve had which were both of the 9+ month variety.

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

No luck whatsoever, I wonder is it the same leg again? I’d like to see Tim in there from now on. 

Be shocked if it's not first choice McGinn, second choice Youri, and third choice Tim - I do hope I'm wrong though.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That's us done for the season.

It can't be understated how crucial he is to the way we play.

The way he slots in between the CB's to make a back four so Moreno e.t.c can bomb down the wing.

I don't see anyone else at the club able to do that, Iroegbunam certainly can't.

Add that to our general collapse and we'll see a rapid drop off.

Season was over before he got injured. It's beyond over now.

No, I, as a physio with degrees in physiotherapy and sports medicine who used to be a physio at villa and has rehabbed over 50 people following ACL injury and have published papers on ACL injury in the British journal of sports medicine am giving myself a little bit of credence.

Your not allowed to be right on here.

I've learned that today. Shouldn't have said anything should I.

• Thanks 2

Unless you've been involved with Kamara personally on this injury, it's not really relevant. The club appear to be saying 4-5 months. Forgive me if I take their word over yours, given that they're the ones who are actually managing Kamara's injury.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well to be fair, I’m assuming, they’re basing this off the other two ACL injuries we’ve had which were both of the 9+ month variety.

Which would be a fair assumption if we didn't have the club seemingly telling journos that it's likely to be 4-5 months.

As I said, it's just odd. There's no need to make stuff up now.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Give me a break with this glass half full shit, we've had 4 ACLs in one season.

Fans are entitled to see this as incredibly bad luck, because it is.

Toxic positivity is just as bad as toxic negativity, the facts are the facts.

Four? Buendia, Mings, Kamara, and? I'm genuinely asking btw.

Feel sick… fed up with all these injuries… how can we be so unlucky?

Feel sorry for the injured players, of course, but also have sympathy for Unai…. having to deal with these setbacks and tinker with the side… we haven’t been able to lineup our best players and have them at peak form and fitness/sharpness… yet he’s still got us so high in the league… never makes excuses (even valid ones!) and just faces and overcomes challenges head on…

Lesser/previous managers simply wouldn’t have coped… can’t believe anyone can be ignorant of this and critical of him… 

He’ll find a way to deal with it… but his job doesn’t get any easier, does it?

😡 

Bouba is one of our most important players… the only real/quality DM we have…

We may go back to Luiz & McGinn double pivot but I also wonder if Unai will (be forced to) adjust the system…

it seems like we have the personnel to do well with a 4-3-3 but I don’t know whether he favours it…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Add that to our general collapse and we'll see a rapid drop off.

Season was over before he got injured. It's beyond over now.

We’re 5th and in the knockout stages of a European competition.

I’m assuming you expected us to win the league this season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Four? Buendia, Mings, Kamara, and? I'm genuinely asking btw.

It’s just 3 unless there’s an U21 player he’s counting. Otherwise the only other bad knee injury would be Konsa but that’s not an ACL.

• Thanks 1

Â