Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Absolutely wild to me that people are saying we could/should appeal it. You can think it’s a soft red but no panel in the world is ever going to overturn a red for shoving someone in the throat, however soft it actually was. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Absolutely wild to me that people are saying we could/should appeal it. You can think it’s a soft red but no panel in the world is ever going to overturn a red for shoving someone in the throat, however soft it actually was. 

Did that actually happen though? I look at the video, and it looks like he’s grabbing him around the chin and pushing the chin upwards and back. A kind of “get the feck out of my face” shove. The commentators way overstate it. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

OJ Simpsons lawyer would get it overturned 

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Did that actually happen though? But I look at the video, it looks like he’s grabbing him around the chin and pushing the chin upwards and back. A kind of “get the feck out of my face” shove. The commentators way overstate it. 

Good idea. Delete all recordings/videos of the game. Delete all evidence. Appeal.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Haha 1

If you see the replay on MOTD he kinda hooks his finger in the player’s face first. It’s a bit soft but it’s **** stupid and he basically took the bullet as a result of everyone being a knob. You can see immediately from McGinn’s reaction he knew what was coming.

Shoudlnt be appealed, take it on the chin, learn. 

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

It was his chin. So the defence could be his breath was bad or something……..

• Haha 2

Annoyed at him tbh. The drop from him to The Donk is a big one, more because of playing style than ability.

Think we have enough without him to get through Sheff Utd and Burnley at home.

I think we'll miss him at Old Trafford though.

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Did that actually happen though? But I look at the video, it looks like he’s grabbing him around the chin and pushing the chin upwards and back. A kind of “get the feck out of my face” shove. The commentators way overstate it. 

Oh right then yeah I imagine the panel would be fine with it, grabbing people by the chin and pushing them is absolutely within the rules 😂

If that’s the best WE can come up with then no-one will be wasting a neutral panel’s time and risking extra games for a frivolous appeal.

We are likely going to get a charge and fine as a club from that game. We will be being very meek and mild and apologetic right now.

Maybe I haven’t seen the right video, but I don’t see a grab around the throat. Grabbing somebody around the throat in terms of criminal law for example is a lot different than grabbing someone on the chin. Pulling someone toward you is also different than pushing somebody away.

7 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

We should appeal but I doubt it will be overturned. Letter of the law it is violent conduct and 3 match ban, despite being pretty innocuous. Idiot.

Nah, raised hand that connects with the face. Quite comfortably deemed violent conduct so just have to accept and learn. I like Emery was focused on this in post match interview.

Pretty sure someone did the same to Konsa after our first goal.  A very light touch on the face which I guess was a red but seems harsh as the Brentford player flailed his arms around twice which was more violent.

I'll be honest the red has deflated me quite a bit after a fantastic win. I just feel like the last thing we need now is Emery needing to make lineup adjustments for the next three games to accommodate for losing him, rather than approaching them all with our best starting 11.

• Like 1

Context is needed look at Watkins goal and the melee that ensued and compare to the melee after Maupay was a bellend and tell me why one is red and the other is not.   Then get it overturned.

You could downgrade to a yellow thus a one match ban and everyone is happy.

12 minutes ago, jayEm said:

I'll be honest the red has deflated me quite a bit after a fantastic win. I just feel like the last thing we need now is Emery needing to make lineup adjustments for the next three games to accommodate for losing him, rather than approaching them all with our best starting 11.

I think if injuries and reds are going to deflate you it’ll be a long old season - we won’t often have our best 11 on the field with no issues. That’s not the modern game. Not that I am not saying it isn’t annoying.

Edited by Adam2003

12 minutes ago, jayEm said:

But it's something we've had to do recently in games with players having suspensions and injuries in midfield and we've coped.

In the Don we trust.

Â