Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Any of you lot who are even 1% considering offloading Kamara have totally lost it. 

He is absolute quality, and it is utterly essential that we keep players of his standard if we are to even think about cracking top 6. 

A couple of poor performances (not even that  bad) and suddenly a group of guys on here have forgotten the multiple world class ones from last season where he was comfortably our best player. 

Have a f**king lie down. 

Buendia is out, Mings is out and Bailey looks like being injured for a bit

Somebody has to be the official club scapegoat :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

if someone came in with 125 mil (never gonna happen) then i would look at options. could we get palhinha or another physical sort that would improve the height of the team whilst doing the job and still have 75 mil to bolster the team.....i wouldnt hesistate tbh

We should definitely accept £125m from Liverpool and just wait for that sweet £150m from Chelsea to roll in. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm sure a new signing will occupy that role soon enough

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Don’t worry Bailey was training today, Kamara is safe for now. 

I'm going to clarify my position on this as my earlier opinion on it (just my opinion btw) has seemingly really upset a few posters. 

He's very good. I don't think he's world class. I'd sell him IF we got a high offer. 50 mill i said i'd accept but when you see the fees players are going for now i'd up it.

For me, world class means you barely ever make mistakes, or put your team in trouble.

I defy anyone to realistically tell me he hasn't given away/been dispossessed on the edge of his own box on multiple occasions. He also misplaces too many passes to be considered world class.

Douglas Luiz on the other hand, I feel is the better player - how often do you see him doing slmething suicidal?

BK is very good at winning the ball and moving it quickly.

I also think some of you could just disagree with the opinion rather than have a hissy fit about it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Regardless of wanting to sell (absolutely not) in light of today's fees that is massively underpriced considering his age, potential, what he shown already and France will call him up a fair bit in next 12 months so if he's a regular for them at Euro 2024 his value will accelerate.

It's a strange one with fees on here sometimes, feels like people are stuck on what it was like in premier league before we went down in 2016.

Stuff like selling Archer for 15m, Luiz for 30m and the feeling that Diaby signing for over 40m is an astronomical fee in today's prices when West Ham were signing guys like Felipe Anderson and Haller for those prices 5 years ago.

All fair points which I agree with. In 'today's market' he could be worth any figure, doesn't mean he is that level of player

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm going to clarify my position on this as my earlier opinion on it (just my opinion btw) has seemingly really upset a few posters. 

He's very good. I don't think he's world class. I'd sell him IF we got a high offer. 50 mill i said i'd accept but when you see the fees players are going for now i'd up it.

For me, world class means you barely ever make mistakes, or put your team in trouble.

I defy anyone to realistically tell me he hasn't given away/been dispossessed on the edge of his own box on multiple occasions. He also misplaces too many passes to be considered world class.

Douglas Luiz on the other hand, I feel is the better player - how often do you see him doing slmething suicidal?

BK is very good at winning the ball and moving it quickly.

I also think some of you could just disagree with the opinion rather than have a hissy fit about it.

And who are you buying with that 50 million?

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

I don't know. I'd trust Monchi et al to find someone. Brighton do it repeatedly

50 million does not go far in todays market with midfielders. He’s 23? French international experienced in europe. Ran the show many of games last season. 

He's very young still and still improving. At times he's been world class and at times he's been championship class. But his good games far outweigh his bad by some distance. He could be a world beater given time 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think Kamara is a good player but not as good as some people seem to want to believe.

Kamara is only 23 and nowhere near his peak. Think about all the stick Douglas Luiz got a couple seasons back and now he's one of our most important players. Cashing in on Kamara would be madness as far as I'm concerned. Ultimately the only judgement that matters is that of Unai but I feel we haven't seen the best of him yet.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think Kamara is a good player but not as good as some people seem to want to believe.

but he is better than 65 million linked Cheick Doucoure and Lavia. Also is better than 115 million Caicedo so its a bit ridiculous some are suggesting they would take 50 million for him

Some members on here seem to think we are some plucky Championship club who should be selling at the first offer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, birdman said:

Kamara is only 23 and nowhere near his peak. Think about all the stick Douglas Luiz got a couple seasons back and now he's one of our most important players. Cashing in on Kamara would be madness as far as I'm concerned. Ultimately the only judgement that matters is that of Unai but I feel we haven't seen the best of him yet.

You're probably right. And in any event I wouldn't accept 50m for him if that's what's being touted, no way. But if Liverpool were to offer silly money, well, everyone's got a price.

• Like 1

Â