Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think in some games, he could do with more help and presence.

For example, Dendonker sitting behind him and Doug.

We were blitzed yesterday, and he can't be expected to do ALL the donkey work, ALL the time.

Totally this - I don’t understand the same formation/XI for everything brigade, best XI/formation against top teams away SHOULD be different to best XI/formation at home to a bottom half team etc etc 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think in some games, he could do with more help and presence.

For example, Dendonker sitting behind him and Doug.

We were blitzed yesterday, and he can't be expected to do ALL the donkey work, ALL the time.

Yep. Wolves have technical players in abundance, and it showed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm an OM fan on a visit to see what's so wonderful here that all our midfielders want to join! Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Are you guys happy with Bouba Kamara? Would you say he's a good PL player? Does he play more in the midfield or in defense in Villa?

Many thanks!

Welcome. 

I think the money in the PL is a huge pull for players In other leagues. 

Kamara is a very good player, still not sure how we got him. He has been playing as a holding midfielder. 

5 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Hi all, I'm an OM fan on a visit to see what's so wonderful here that all our midfielders want to join! Pardon my English if I make mistakes.

Are you guys happy with Bouba Kamara? Would you say he's a good PL player? Does he play more in the midfield or in defense in Villa?

Many thanks!

He is a world class player who will probably leave for another club if we don't progress enough in the next 12 - 18months. 

Thanks for releasing him on a free :)

7 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Many thanks!

Part of a Central midfield 2, predominantly the more defensive partner. Usually shows as an option for our centre backs to pass to, and then finds his CM partner (Luiz) or our wing backs.

He's been very good,  and showing the signs of the world class player he will one day be. Perhaps the pace of the PL is catching up with him or he's carrying a knock as he looked a bit tired in his last outing, but that seems to have been an exception.

A big coup for us, considering the other clubs that would have been interested in him.

Edited by MrBlack

6 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Many thanks!

He has quickly become a fans favourite - and despite his injury lay off really taken to the premier league and looks a class above!

8 minutes ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Many thanks!

Hi AP. Kamara is amazingly good. He plays as a dominant midfielder for us, who controls his space effortlessly with quality and calmness. Premier League football is played at high tempo and it can be challenging for players from less frenetic leagues, but Boubacar has adjusted straight away.

You must miss him. I also like Morgan Sanson a lot, but our managers haven't used him enough. Injuries have also restricted him.

I lived for a while on the 'Rue Capitaine Dessemond' close to the Vieux Port de Marseille fifty years ago, so I've many happy memories of the city. Aston Villa can't match your sunshine record and the Med, but we do have more canals than Venice in Birmingham and it's a much visited city these days 😎. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AP from Marseilles said:

Many thanks!

Absolutely delighted with him and still not entirely sure how on earth we got him. There should have been Champions League clubs after him based on what we've seen. I believe the youth might say he's an absolute baller :D

• Like 1

Â