Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The translation in the @ link says the below. Juve seem keen to complete so they can get on with their business. I’ve seen some other Villa fan on Twitter saying he’s legit heard that we’ve walked away from the deal.

Juventus awaits the offer of Aston Villa for Rodrigo Bentancur: 25 million euros are coming from Steven Gerrard's line-up, with the company that today seems willing to formulate it concretely. 35% of the sale is due to previous agreements to Boca Juniors but in front of such a proposal, Juve could give up. To understand what Aaron Ramsey will do, if he accepts a proposal from the Premier League since he ended up out of the team in fact in Turin. Stalemate for Arthur at Arsenal (the formula does not change), so Juve waits for signals from Birmingham before unlocking the offer for Nahitan Nandez. Cagliari asks for 2 million euros and 15 for the redemption obligation, Juve puts on the plate the right but also the loan of Kaio Jorge and potentially also that of the young Filippo Ranocchia.

Here we go again. “Some other fan on Twitter ……. legit heard we’ve walked away”. Link please. Do you have factual reasons to believe this ‘other fan’ or is this just more dross being circulated?

17 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not a Luiz replacement, a way to keep Luiz playing as an 8 so we get to keep him and where he has been excellent.

JJ might have something to say about that. Fantastic to have those two pushing each other for a start (assuming McGinn is basically bomb proof in the marauding role).

That said I’ve thought since last summer Luiz would be leaving and wouldn’t be surprised if he went before next season - or even in this window if it was to a club abroad. Ireogbunam seems like the natural back up to Bentancur, if we get him. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh f**k off with your high handedness. I’m speculating about our interest (or not) in our player on the players thread. I am not pretending to be ITK as I am clearly not. I love how you moan at me when the last god knows how many pages have been about shagging atomic kitten. 

I mean, you kind of deserve everything you get quoting someone whose name is 'Burkina Faso Neymar' lol

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh f**k off with your high handedness. I’m speculating about our interest (or not) in our player on the players thread. I am not pretending to be ITK as I am clearly not. I love how you moan at me when the last god knows how many pages have been about shagging atomic kitten. 

Interesting fact too--you are more likely to get a warning for your post than descriptively stating which sexual acts you wish to perform on any given member of Atomic Kitten. 

World has gone mad, eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I mean, you kind of deserve everything you get quoting someone whose name is 'Burkina Faso Neymar' lol

The guy on Twitter is obviously a Villa fan, has 1400 odd followers since 2014. He could easily be wrong but it’s a strange thing to make up a straight lie about. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Oh dear, I think you need come away from the ‘never-never’ land of social media and understand that repeating something for repeating sake is neither helpful or clever - it’s not your speculation it’s some one else’s guess (or just a troll at play.

6 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Oh dear, I think you need come away from the ‘never-never’ land of social media and understand that repeating something for repeating sake is neither helpful or clever - it’s not your speculation it’s some one else’s guess (or just a troll at play.

I don’t need to understand anything for your benefit. I’ve got a day off work, a self isolating child and I’ve passed some time on Twitter and VT.  Just cos you don’t like Twitter links doesn’t mean nobody else does. People post stuff on here that I don’t like, guess what…I scroll past. 

Just thinking about whether or not Bentancur fits the profile of the midfielder that Gerrard would be after.  As a player did he ever really play with a "destroyer"?  I may be wrong but I can remember him playing alongside Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas and Didi Hamann (may well have missed an important name out of the hat).  None of whom were particularly "No 6" type players.  I mean they (and Gerrard) could all put in a tackle but they were all pretty comfortable on the ball.  I think you could argue that in terms of balance a Bentancur, Luiz, McGinn trio isn't a million miles away from Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard.  I'm not suggesting that ability wise they are on the same level but balance wise it isn't far off.  Bissouma offers a slightly different flavour but he's still someone who could win the ball deep and then be comfortable taking it forward. 

I think maybe I just need to get out and wait until something actually happens now!!!

9 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I’m also interested to see if you go after everyone else posting links to Twitter or just me (for some reason).  We’ll see…

Believe this is one of the ones Stevie said "Can wait till the summer" if needed.

Yeah I reckon a DM would have been top of Gerrard's list for this window. Don't think t can wait with Nakamba's injury. 

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I’m also interested to see if you go after everyone else posting links to Twitter or just me (for some reason).  We’ll see…

Nothing personal, if anyone posts so called ‘facts’ from Twitter without supporting evidence I ask for the link - I was not the only one to request this. I now have seen the post concerned - why do you think this believable?

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If I had a twitter account, do you think my handle would be 'The Burkina Faso Neymar'? 

No. It wouldn't. It would be 'The Burkina Faso Tonev'. 

But let's not go down that road again..

Well yours isn't too bad is it?

" The Northern Snake " 👀

Â