Formula One - 2022

BOF

Yep. Shambles of a strategy from Merc. I was amazed they brought them in so early and stuck the hard tyres on. I was certain they were going to keep going and switch onto the soft, it was the obvious choice. Most of the other teams seem to have done soft => medium or medium -> soft

• Like 1

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Yep. Shambles of a strategy from Merc. I was amazed they brought them in so early and stuck the hard tyres on. I was certain they were going to keep going and switch onto the soft, it was the obvious choice. Most of the other teams seem to have done soft => medium or medium -> soft

Yep. Really poor strategy at Merc.

They must have thought this from the start, but didn’t reevaluate the plan when the medium in particular was so much more durable.

We all saw it. Lewis himself was saying the tyres were great. 

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seriously, what is your problem? I can't imagine whats caused so much hate? 

You’re genuinely asking this but deciding to ignore the anti Max in here? :crylaugh:

It’s fair game. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

You’re genuinely asking this but deciding to ignore the anti Max in here? :crylaugh:

It’s fair game. 

I don't see constant criticism of Max or gleeful jubilation when something goes wrong for Redbull. I'm genuinely interested in why you dislike them so much is all. 

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Mercedes keep telling their drivers that they're on the right tyre as the gaps keep getting bigger.

They're either genius's or we're going to hear some very grumpy radio messages in ten laps time!

the Mercedes strategists are a laugh, talk about constantly making the wrong choices.

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't see constant criticism of Max or gleeful jubilation when something goes wrong for Redbull. I'm genuinely interested in why you dislike them so much is all. 

It’s really weird isn’t it.

If someone says something on the topic of red bull cheating then they are automatically Lewis loving cry babies.

Same as last year if you say they officials handed the race to Max. 

You can’t have a view on 1 thing without being pigeon holed. I didn’t realise F1 was so tribal as that.

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It’s fair game. 

i dont think most ppl hate Max, i quite like Max.

What i dislike is a cheating Red Bull, and Horner claiming they didnt cheat, even after signing a document accepting that they cheated.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Seriously, what is your problem? I can't imagine whats caused so much hate? 

Interesting........had his post been about Red Bull it would gained a few likes......

On the race that was a bore. What the hell happened to Ferrari?

Just now, MaVilla said:

i dont think most ppl hate Max, i quite like Max.

What i dislike is a cheating Red Bull, and Horner claiming they didnt cheat, even after signing a document accepting that they cheated.

I can only think that Red Bull signed that document EXTREMELY reluctantly because they were promised a lenient punishment to allow the story to blow over.

Surely when acceptance of cheating happens it makes a mockery of the fans that pay to see F1. They haven’t paid to see a competition if cheating has been found, surely they should be reimbursed? Same for any sport really. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can only think that Red Bull signed that document EXTREMELY reluctantly because they were promised a lenient punishment to allow the story to blow over.

Maybe, looks bad either way tho tbh.

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Surely when acceptance of cheating happens it makes a mockery of the fans that pay to see F1. They haven’t paid to see a competition if cheating has been found, surely they should be reimbursed? Same for any sport really. 

VAR?