Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The only sensible solution is to scout a world class novice and say the deal is that he will learn from Emi over the next few years and then ultimately take over from him in 2 to 3 years when he inevitably moves on. Then give him the cup games for development and everyone is fully aligned. 

We’ve got a lot of highly rated young gks

20 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The only sensible solution is to scout a world class novice and say the deal is that he will learn from Emi over the next few years and then ultimately take over from him in 2 to 3 years when he inevitably moves on. Then give him the cup games for development and everyone is fully aligned. 

‘World class novice’ does such a thing exist ?

23 minutes ago, smg said:

‘World class novice’ does such a thing exist ?

I meant potential. A novice with truly world class potential (a GK version of Duran) that sees the value in playing 15 games a season and learning from one of the best keepers in the world. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I meant potential. A novice with truly world class potential (a GK version of Duran) that sees the value in playing 15 games a season and learning from one of the best keepers in the world. 

I wouldn't want any young keeper playing 15 games a season instead of Emi.

33 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

They did this with Manuel Neuer with great success. My main issue is the training side, would a young ambitious GK prepare Emi to the standard Olsen does.

Emi’s not going to play every game (especially with the internationals) and it would be crazy to plan on that basis.

Plenty of cup games if we stay in Europe to blood such a young player in their very early 20’s.

Bring back Emi for the big games if and when we go deep in any competition. 

4 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

They did this with Manuel Neuer with great success. My main issue is the training side, would a young ambitious GK prepare Emi to the standard Olsen does.

When? Bayern never signed a wonderkid understudy

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Neuer was a starter simce he was 19, he never did an understudy anywhere though

@DakotaVillamentioned getting a novice with truly world class potential and I agreed with that stating it worked with Neuer, although in different circumstances to us

Â