Lucas Digne

villan-scott

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

looked much better today, definitely a solid peformance. should've gotten an assist but for Pickford's save. He has a role to play in the squad, definitely. 

He doesn’t on his wages. Football is a business, and anyone on £160k a week at a mid table club just isn’t sustainable. I don’t mind him all that much but he isn’t worth the expenditure. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He doesn’t on his wages. Football is a business, and anyone on £160k a week at a mid table club just isn’t sustainable. I don’t mind him all that much but he isn’t worth the expenditure. 

His wages are high, but not that high. I wouldn't be surprised if he's off in the summer though. A good squad player for now at least.

On 25/02/2023 at 23:14, The_Steve said:

His wages are high, but not that high. I wouldn't be surprised if he's off in the summer though. A good squad player for now at least.

I don’t think he’ll be off Emery clearly likes to rotate his fullbacks. Given his wages we won’t be able to shift him. It wasn’t a smart signing but it is what it is he had a decent game on Saturday. I have no issues utilising him as a rotation player.

On 25/02/2023 at 23:02, Delphinho123 said:

Stop Quoting that **** bullshit wage. He's not on 160k ffs. The highest wage we pay is 125k and Coutinho is on that. Digne is on at most that wage

• Like 1

On 25/02/2023 at 23:14, The_Steve said:

We have the majority of our senior players on around 100k-125k, Digne, Mings, Martinez, Coutinho, Kamara, Carlos and then probably a few close behind like Cash etc..

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think he’ll be off Emery clearly likes to rotate his fullbacks. Given his wages we won’t be able to shift him. It wasn’t a smart signing but it is what it is he had a decent game on Saturday. I have no issues utilising him as a rotation player.

True. I think we will have an Ings situation if he does leave - that a club comes in for him with an offer that suits both parties 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Is that factually true or a number plucked from thin air on the interweb?

Oh it's the latter, but it's important to perpetuate it as you want to use this (fake number) as a method to denigrate a player. 

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Giving him free pies for life at VP and drinks for half price is just outrageous. 

I've also heard that he's contractually entitled take home as many tomatoes from the canteen as he wants a well. 

We're having to have them flown over on a private jet every other day from California. 

It's a bloody outrage. 

He didn't even actually want this clause included. Purslow just added it for the hell of it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you’re saying people are criticising Dignes performances because of his wages?

No, I'm saying you are using a fictitious number about his wages as a method to further attack the player. Simply criticising his performances isn't enough for you. 

Â