Lucas Digne

villan-scott

With digne now signed, just seen this line up and that firing on all cylinders, with defenders deciding wether to follow ollie and leave those three run riot, or try and nullify those free and giving ollie ftee reign to run is just frightening, if they can get gelled and clicking 

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

Edited by Kbdrum88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kbdrum88 said:

With digne now signed, just seen this line up and that firing on all cylinders, with defenders deciding wether to follow ollie and leave those free run riot, or try and nullify those free and giving ollie free reign to run is just frightening, if they can get gelled and clicking 

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

Drop Buendia and move Bailey to the right Coutinho to the left and Ings through the middle.

Watkins on the bench

Edited by LondonVillian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

Drop Buendia and move Bailey to the right Coutinho to the left and Ings through the middle.

Watkins on the bench

Tbf I was actually thinking similar , with Bailey right, coutinho left playing the old jack role, ings as a 10 cos I think he's got more than enough technical ability to change to that role, and ollie staying central, but ings bursting forward to a false 9 as of when

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I genuinely worry the poor guy saw all the piss taking on social media and became a bit self conscious of his smile.

Not that a tall, blonde Scandinavian should care what Big Dave from Erdington thinks of his looks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

With digne now signed, just seen this line up and that firing on all cylinders, with defenders deciding wether to follow ollie and leave those three run riot, or try and nullify those free and giving ollie ftee reign to run is just frightening, if they can get gelled and clicking 

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

Nah not for me.

Ramsey has to play and McGinn shouldn't play that deep.

Swap Bailey for Coutinho and play Ramsey and McGinn as the two 8's and I'll agree.

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

yes for certain games but for others we will need the holding midfielder (marv)

and i'd still have ings over ollie to lead the line

22 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

Crazy to think we'd have players like Ings, Traore, Ramsey, Sanson on the bench too. Our squad is really coming along nicely.

48 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

It's a system Dean Smith tried to employ on and off for 2 years and failed miserably at doing so, so I hope not and I am ultra confident we won't see it again under Gerrard. They know how they want to set up and it isn't this. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

FB_IMG_1642085359409.jpg

i dont get this, Gerrard plays 433, not 4231, why are news outlets using 4231?!??!

tell em to use the formation we use...ie: 433/4321, crikey!!!! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

i dont get this, Gerrard plays 433, not 4231, why are news outlets using 4231?!??!

tell em to use the formation we use...ie: 433/4321, crikey!!!! :)

Because like our supporters they want to squeeze ALL THE SIGNINGS into the XI. Except Danny Ings, usually!

If I had to guess what our best team would be right now, Leon Bailey is on the bench. Which is bonkers, but true nonetheless.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because like our supporters they want to squeeze ALL THE SIGNINGS into the XI. Except Danny Ings, usually!

If I had to guess what our best team would be right now, Leon Bailey is on the bench. Which is bonkers, but true nonetheless.  

ye, one of those where tbh, if Coutinho performs, Buendia and Bailey can duke it out for the other no.10 slot.

Lovely position to be in that!

Im careful with my words (due to the Watkins white knights), but i also think Ings is a better all around player than Watkins, but less of a busy bee ofc.

Â