Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

5 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey behind the striker is still possible as we are using a 4-2-3-1 formation in the first half of all the friendlies so far, youth and first team fixtures.

Yup, in his Leeds pre match he said that we would be revisiting the way we play, and will be trying things etc.

We have way too much attacking talent at our disposal, to waste then in a system which can't get several on them on the pitch more often.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure sometimes we will need a more solid and safer approach, but our strengths right now are definitely in attack 

I think Kamara will make a world of difference to both our defence and attack as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey behind the striker is still possible as we are using a 4-2-3-1 formation in the first half of all the friendlies so far, youth and first team fixtures.

Didn't use it yesterday.

Shouldn't start at the moment but in his defence he plays a lot of minutes behind Watkins and Ings with no wingers. It's looked dreadful 90% of the time it's been deployed.

I know he wants to play this 4-3-3 but I'd love to see a 4-2-3-1 with Buendia/Coutinho/Bailey rolled out together. I think a 2 of Luiz and Kamara is a lot stronger than what we have had before as well so we can do it in games we expect to dominate. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think he's our best player or makes us a better team. 

Outside of lifting our profile, it's a signing that makes little sense. Bit like hiring Steven Gerrard as manager.

He plays in an identical position to our best player and record signing. He's 30 so won't be getting any better. His previous club desperately didn't want him and for some reason we gave them £17m to take on a portion of his huge contract.

There's also the worry Gerrard will have definitely said sign up and you'll be in the team every week just before the World Cup. If he doesn't buck up, we're in for tough time.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Outside of lifting our profile, it's a signing that makes little sense. Bit like hiring Steven Gerrard as manager.

He plays in an identical position to our best player and record signing.

No he doesn’t. Coutinho plays off the left, Buendia plays either through the center or from the right. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

No he doesn’t. Coutinho plays off the left, Buendia plays either through the center or from the right. 

Lovely.

Do you agree then if Gerrard wants to play his daft 4312 Beundia should play as a 10 and leave Coutinho on the bench? 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Lovely.

Do you agree then if Gerrard wants to play his daft 4312 Beundia should play as a 10 and leave Coutinho on the bench? 

Somebody needs to give his head a wobble and bin that 4-3-1-2 it’s effin shit.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Somebody needs to give his head a wobble and bin that 4-3-1-2 it’s effin shit.

We saw about 10-15 games of it and it was incredibly poor almost the whole time.

I imagine we'll be playing it again this season.

Why? Dunno.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Lovely.

Yes, in that formation I’d go with Buendia over Coutinho. But like you I don’t like the formation. 

We’ve seen again today (albeit it it was just a friendly) that 2 up top doesn’t work. 

Coutinho   Buendia   Bailey 

is in my opinion the way to go. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Yes, in that formation I’d go with Buendia over Coutinho. But like you I don’t like the formation. 

We’ve seen again today (albeit it it was just a friendly) that 2 up top doesn’t work. 

Coutinho   Buendia   Bailey 

is in my opinion the way to go. 

I'd like to see that but he's not dropping a cm to play them 3. 

To add to the above, even if he wants to persist with the silly formation of 2 10’s, Coutinho plays more to left and Buendia more to the right, so it baffles me why it seems to be one or the other. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'd like to see that but he's not dropping a cm to play them 3. 

I agree. And at the moment we probably haven’t got the personnel to go with a midfield 2. But one good midfield signing and I think it would work. 

It did make me laugh when I read a tweet today that he isn't good enough to start!😂

There will be games where he is ineffective, especially if we're struggling to get the ball and keep hold of it. Like today, the conditions were awful and the team weren't much better. If and when we start to retain the ball better, he will have less and less ineffective games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

It did make me laugh when I read a tweet today that he isn't good enough to start!😂

There will be games where he is ineffective, especially if we're struggling to get the ball and keep hold of it. Like today, the conditions were awful and the team weren't much better. If and when we start to retain the ball better, he will have less and less ineffective games.

He wouldn't be in my first 11.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He wouldn't be in my first 11.

He’s our best player. Needs to be playing alongside better players and not behind two strikers who are usually poor. 

If we’re going to persist with the 4-3-2-1 formation, it should be Coutinho and either Bailey/Buendia.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s our best player. Needs to be playing alongside better players and not behind two strikers who are usually poor. 

If we’re going to persist with the 4-3-2-1 formation, it should be Coutinho and either Bailey/Buendia.

I don't think he is. 

• Like 1

Â