V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

I doubt there's anything stopping us from signing their players, we just can't play in the same competition as them if we both have the same owners, I don't think that's anything new, hasn't affected the likes of Man City because they haven't been in the same competition as the other clubs they own.

Back on Bamba just because we have a stake in Vitoria doesn't mean we can their players join us, no more than we can make our own players stay with us if they don't want to, it gives us an advantage but nothing more.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I doubt there's anything stopping us from signing their players, we just can't play in the same competition as them if we both have the same owners, I don't think that's anything new, hasn't affected the likes of Man City because they haven't been in the same competition as the other clubs they own.

Back on Bamba just because we have a stake in Vitoria doesn't mean we can their players join us, no more than we can make our own players stay with us if they don't want to, it gives us an advantage but nothing more.

UEFA won’t allow us to transfer players to or sign players from Vitoria until Sep 2024. It’s a disgusting rule and it’s trying to stop us and Brighton. 

• Like 1

UEFA are quick to act on this issue, but seemingly only to us and Brighton… they’ve still not adequately addressed Man City’s 100+ infractions which date back a decade though. Also, what about the red bull clubs!?

This really boils my piss.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

UEFA are quick to act on this issue, but seemingly only to us and Brighton… they’ve still not adequately addressed Man City’s 100+ infractions which date back a decade though. Also, what about the red bull clubs!?

We're not owned by a government who they're in bed with about hosting sporting events with. 

There's no negative backlash for them if they harm us. Not the same if they take on government owned entities.

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Having read the press release had we not reduced the stake we wouldn’t be able to compete. It’s one thing to uphold cup integrity but the hypocrisy is evident when it comes to Red Bull in the Champions League. 

Realistically, I'm in favour of multi club ownership being banned, regardless of the territory that club is in.  Or maybe FIFA centrally banning transfers between any clubs owned by the same person.

But given how the significance of this (maybe a few youth players get opportunities they wouldn't otherwise) pales in comparison to the law breaking activity than Man City did for decades, and Newcastle have already started with their inflated self-sponsorship deals... it just smacks of them trying to clamp down on the threats to the monopoly. 

How much are they being paid by the Qatar and Saudi governments to sweep their activity under the carpet.

It's like their house is on fire and they're choosing to turn off a f##king light switch to stop it spreading.  Pricks

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of multi club ownership, but that horse has bolted.

However... UEFA apparently felt Salzburg and Liepzig, who are literally and wholly owned by the same company, were fine to play in the same competition 5 years ago, and the fact that Salzburg is literally Liepzig's development team now in everything but name suggests UEFA might need to take a look at their own judgements before pointing the finger at us.

• Like 4

So we won’t be able to loan any new signings to Vitoria to help with work permit issues like Brighton did with Mitoma in Belgium. We are being punished for following what other clubs did - not that it’s not right per se but the horse bolted long ago. It’s demonstrably unfair. 

Edited by The_Steve

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

However... UEFA apparently felt Salzburg and Liepzig, who are literally and wholly owned by the same company, were fine to play in the same competition 5 years ago, and the fact that Salzburg is literally Liepzig's development team now in everything but name suggests UEFA might need to take a look at their own judgements before pointing the finger at us.

They're owned by totally different organisations apparently. And since they made that judgement, they've transferred around 20 players between the two clubs. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They're owned by totally different organisations apparently. And since they made that judgement, they've transferred around 20 players between the two clubs. 

Cool. Everyone and his dog knows they're owned by the same people, and you'd need to be dangerously stupid or laughably corrupt to think otherwise.

But, if that's good enough, the wholly separate and totally unrelated business of Villa of Aston Ltd (other names are available) can go shove mysterious money down the throats of Vitoria then. I'm sure Company's House can oblige.

While they're at it perhaps they can purchase a couple of pub league teams in Scotland and Wales to have some other completely and wholly separate development teams that happen to have Villa in the name for entirely legitimate reasons.

Honestly this sport is so pointedly corrupt it's getting harder to not just give up on it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They have different board members and were forced to change it from recollection.  We didn't - we had the same guys on the board at different teams, so they had to step down.

Also, the tweet says "clubs including Brighton and Aston Villa", so there are more impacted here.

Personally think it's a good thing.

Â