Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Whilst performance are poor I have a feeling all the players are behind Gerrard and what he is trying to do hence the continues support from the club. When players start to turn it’s normally the end.  I don’t think it’s a simple as they won’t sack him because his Purslow’s mate. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst performance are poor I have a feeling all the players are behind Gerrard and what he is trying to do

Based on what? I think apart from a few like Coutinho I’m not sure I’m convinced by that.  If they really brought into it surely we would be better. I’m not saying they want him sacked but I’m not convinced they are really behind him.  From the info we get from the club I don’t think he has that strong connection with players like some managers like. That’s not a criticism of him just managers have different styles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Based on what? I think apart from a few like Coutinho I’m not sure I’m convinced by that.  If they really brought into it surely we would be better. I’m not saying they want him sacked but I’m not convinced they are really behind him.  From the info we get from the club I don’t think he has that strong connection with players like some managers like. That’s not a criticism of him just managers have different styles.

Based on the fact he is still manager. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bardell also said this is the word he's had on his end.

He said that whilst there have been some issues, re player roles etc. The players apparently actually like him, and want to perform for him.

Now just because it ain't working, doesn't mean all our conspiracies or murmurs are correct.

It's still possible to " like " a ' failing " Manager.

I think you'll realize that us "Disliking " managers is heavily skewed towards results and performances.

If it's going shit we will criticise everything from the way to how they scratch their nose to their language. lol

When things are going well they can get away with almost anything, same for players.

We don't actually know the bloke as a person or how he interacts with them, as much as we like to pretend to based on media.

So he’s liked, the players are at least mostly behind him and doing what he wants so he’s just a poor manager/coach.  

Kind of makes it worse really that despite everything going for him that he’s still so poor.  

I’d almost rather him be disliked and getting results than liked and doing as poorly as he is.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, daft said:

Honestly, there is no way he'd still be manager if even half the whispers on here about the players attitude towards him had been true. 

The way our results and performances are for so long there should be no way he is still our manager, it doesn’t need any other reason like player disharmony.

11 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

If that’s true the players are still behind him, I’d hate to see the performances if they wasn’t behind him, not sure it could get any worse

Tbf it probably could. The 4 points we picked up last 2 games could be 0. It’s shit at the moment but it ain’t a disaster just yet. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf it probably could. The 4 points we picked up last 2 games could be 0. It’s shit at the moment but it ain’t a disaster just yet. 

Yeah well, that's entirely down to how we want define "a disaster". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mm it is a disaster. We sacked the previous manager who had 10 points at this stage last season when he never played his/Purslow summer signings together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

If that’s true the players are still behind him, I’d hate to see the performances if they wasn’t behind him, not sure it could get any worse

Credit to someone like Mings at least. Top pro. Would've been easily to down tools the way he was treated in lead up to the season. I assume he's just performing best he can to try to still make world cup squad (and also outlast Gerrard here).

I can't believe likes of Luiz and Buendia are that happy regularly being dropped to bench despite playing well on rare occasions both start.

Sanson, enough said on him although ultimately he's just a fringe player.

Bailey's Dad spat his dummy out the other week.

I also wonder what someone like Chambers thinks. Annually benched for Konsa despite playing in decent number of clean sheet games when he starts. His role here is no different to Arsenal for similar wages.

It's ultimately a managers call on who starts but must be some queue to his office on a Monday morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We'd have had to have scored two own goals to lose to Southampton, they pretty much offered nothing in attack.

No issue getting a point v Man. City but again all managers can pull off those results. Garde got a 0-0 off them in his first game and that was a big false dawn with what followed. In our first season back up we got an excellent 2-2 at Man. United then lost our next 4/5 league games.

We need to keep backing this up by getting 4 points minimum off Leeds/Forest and then we're finally getting somewhere in league table. I get the feeling that won't happen though.

• Like 2

On 21/09/2022 at 17:26, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apologies if posted already:

Steven Gerrard 🗣️

“From a personal point of view I‘ve maybe been guilty of trying to move it forward too quickly.”

“You have an idea in your head of how you want it to look, how you want to play. Maybe it is a slower process, maybe it’s going to take a little more time”

Not when some of the views was before a ball was kicked.

Even if he turns this around, some will still be anti.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not when some of the views was before a ball was kicked.

Even if he turns this around, some will still be anti.

That can be the case for any player, manager, and even owners. Sometimes people just don't like others and don't want them in the club & will not accept them. (we could even think of McLeish)

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Credit to someone like Mings at least. Top pro. Would've been easily to down tools the way he was treated in lead up to the season. I assume he's just performing best he can to try to still make world cup squad (and also outlast Gerrard here).

I can't believe likes of Luiz and Buendia are that happy regularly being dropped to bench despite playing well on rare occasions both start.

Sanson, enough said on him although ultimately he's just a fringe player.

Bailey's Dad spat his dummy out the other week.

I also wonder what someone like Chambers thinks. Annually benched for Konsa despite playing in decent number of clean sheet games when he starts. His role here is no different to Arsenal for similar wages.

It's ultimately a managers call on who starts but must be some queue to his office on a Monday morning.

Must be off here.😆

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst performance are poor I have a feeling all the players are behind Gerrard and what he is trying to do hence the continues support from the club. When players start to turn it’s normally the end.  I don’t think it’s a simple as they won’t sack him because his Purslow’s mate. 

Its all about results.

I guess performances, eventually will catch up, to threaten him, if we continually play crap.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

So he’s liked, the players are at least mostly behind him and doing what he wants so he’s just a poor manager/coach.  

Kind of makes it worse really that despite everything going for him that he’s still so poor.  

I’d almost rather him be disliked and getting results than liked and doing as poorly as he is.

It must be torture for you watching Villa at Present......I really hope it picks up for you Nick.

• Haha 1

Â