Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Well your girlfriend has been a bitch for months now, an you was just about to pack your bags and say goodbye.  But she has just cooked you breakfast and give you a peck on the cheek, so all is forgiven, it proves she is a good person, till next time....

But your gonna be let down, after all that time how can it possibly change just like that, believe me it won't.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Gerrard gets no praise from me. 

He's that guy at a job interview who's says he's a quick learner which is clearly bullshit. 

Maybe he’s a slow learner who says he’s a quick learner … as long as he’s a learner of some species, I’m OK with seeing how I feel after Leicester. I’m a Villa fan. I’m built to suffer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, viivvaa66 said:

I think we heard something similar after we won against Bolton B team. Remember our points per game is 0.66, estimated to 25 points after 38 games.

If we win the next two we would look ok. Still I think that is a too big a ask to expect Gerrard to setup the team sensibly two matches in a row.

I hope he proves us both wrong, but your point about him learning and setting us up well twice in a row leaves me as skeptical as you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well your girlfriend has been a bitch for months now, an you was just about to pack your bags and say goodbye.  But she has just cooked you breakfast and give you a peck on the cheek, so all is forgiven, it proves she is a good person, till next time....

But your gonna be let down, after all that time how can it possibly change just like that, believe me it won't.

Don’t underrate post-breakup sex, my friend. 🤣

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

Some of the criticism in here is ridiculous. Ok you may not like Gerrard's tactics, team selection, signings whatever. That's your opinion. But these digs or saying he needs to **** off etc are well over the top. This stemming from his Liverpool days. Quite frankly, some people need to grow up.

Gerrard is a good man, he's trying his absolute best. He may not be the right man or turn it around but he's giving his all to the cause. I so want to him to do well here because I like him and how he comes across in interviews. I also think the players like him too and also want to turn it around. Today was very good, I expected a heavy loss like most people. We need to push on of course but today was a step in the right direction and we couldnt ask for more TODAY.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I think we heard something similar after we won against Bolton B team. Remember our points per game is 0.66, estimated to 25 points after 38 games.

If we win the next two we would look ok. Still I think that is a too big a ask to expect Gerrard to setup the team sensibly two matches in a row.

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on SG - today was a great performance and the manager has as much to do with that as he has the previous losses. Jury is out - but it looks like we are on the turn for the better. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Don’t underrate post-breakup sex, my friend. 

Semi related, I recommend never breaking up with a girl right after sex. You may end up end up marrying her and you will never hear the last of it for 40 years.

I speak from experience.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 4

Just now, Jareth said:

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on SG - today was a great performance and the manager has as much to do with that as he has the previous losses. Jury is out - but it looks like we are on the turn for the better. 

See this is what makes me laugh after wining 3 out of 15 and drawing Man City. Like it could be a major turn around, what are you guys on. We put 2 past them on the last day of the season, played great football but run out of steam as City upped the pace. We then lost to Bournemouth on the first day of the new season and played dour slow football.

City were no where near the pace they were last day of the season, I saw no fantastic football from them today, like I have seen previous, **** me even Pep said they wasn't on it, but don't worry, cause I think a draw, means we have turned a corner. 

According to some on here we were amazing today so was Gerrard, an that's fine, if that's what you think. But if we have turned this corner and your right, I will expect to walk past a shite Leicester and poor Southampton in the next couple of weeks, just cause we got a draw against Man City.

• Like 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Back OT no I am not convinced Gerrard is the man after one game, but I cant criticise him today. Its one game at a time for me. 

If he wins Leicester, I’ll feel a way that I’m incapable of feeling today, I know that much; it’s so hard to judge before things actually happen.

Can I just say, what a great weekend this is? How can one little draw exert so much power over my life? I feel so happy!!!!  wtf is this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

If he wins Leicester, I’ll feel a way that I’m incapable of feeling today, I know that much; it’s so hard to judge before things actually happen.

Can I just say, what a great weekend this is? How can one little draw exert so much power over my life? I feel so happy!!!!  wtf is this?

Same! Its been a VERY rough few weeks. Its ok for us all to enjoy a good performance!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Back OT no I am not convinced Gerrard is the man after one game, but I cant criticise him today and he deserves praise. Its one game at a time for me. 

No one can criticise him today admitted. But it don't change alot for me, I doubt he's about to do a Arteta.

Â