Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

It might not save his job, but it’s just the right thing to do. He needs to hear firsthand what the diehards think and feel, IMHO.

Fella can barely clap the away fans. Don't think he's going to talk to supporters 1 on 1.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It might not save his job, but it’s just the right thing to do. He needs to hear firsthand what the diehards think and feel, IMHO.

Yeah, that would be carnage. 

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The last thing he needs to hear firsthand is how we all think he's a word removed.

I don't want to hear what he thinks. What he has to say to justify his pure incompetence. I want him gone as soon as possible. If destroying the ability of most of our first team wasnt enough, he's alienating those he's not picking. To the point where the one that should be starting more than any other is now likely to leave.

He's ruined this club. And I hate him for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Yeah, that would be carnage. 

Yeah, definitely, but the mods could serve as marriage counselors and make sure no one throws a mug of tea, right? It would be fascinating. And honestly, I think supporters would appreciate the chance to share. 

40 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I have hate towards Gerrard.

Created an increasingly aging squad on big wages with little to no resell value.

He's completely smashed down the club positive recruitment strategy we had under Smith.

I dont have hate for him atball. He has totally made a mess of this opportunity we gave him.

Has an ego clearly but not a bad guy i think

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't want to hear what he thinks. What he has to say to justify his pure incompetence. I want him gone as soon as possible. If destroying the ability of most of our first team wasnt enough, he's alienating those he's not picking. To the point where the one that should be starting more than any other is now likely to leave.

He's ruined this club. And I hate him for it.

I think your honesty is cool, man. I think it would be an interesting encounter to see how he responds to that honesty and realness. 

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think your honesty is cool, man. I think it would be an interesting encounter to see how he responds to that honesty and realness. 

It would definitely invoke some interesting comments. I think I might end up subject to a ban afterwards though. 

He's let the same dross go on too long for there to be any viable excuse he can offer. He's the very definition of insane, constantly playing the same terrible midfield shape, and players, and expecting to get a different outcome.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The last thing he needs to hear firsthand is how we all think he's a word removed.

But seriously, it’s what I would do in a heartbeat if I were in his position. You can’t ignore social media fan publics. Sorry, it’s 2022. It’s just good crisis management. You listen. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It would definitely invoke some interesting comments. I think I might end up subject to a ban afterwards though. 

He's let the same dross go on too long for there to be any viable excuse he can offer. He's the very definition of insane, constantly playing the same terrible midfield shape, and players, and expecting to get a different outcome.

👍🏻 Yes, I’ve heard that before. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Oh well, it will never happen anyway. And that’s part of the problem. 

He's about to hear what all supporters think of him Saturday when City slap us and he takes the record as having the worst start as a manager in our 148 year history. It's going to become very obvious then. Especially as loads will be on the lash all day. I think it will be toxic and am not looking forward to it. Purslow may also get called out by the crowd if it turns really bad. 

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He's about to hear what all supporters think of him Saturday when City slap us and he takes the record as having the worst start as a manager in our 148 year history.

Not sure if you were born after this but does the 2015 - 16 season ring any bells? (5 points in 14 games)

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He's about to hear what all supporters think of him Saturday when City slap us and he takes the record as having the worst start as a manager in our 148 year history. It's going to become very obvious then. Especially as loads will be on the lash all day. I think it will be toxic and am not looking forward to it. Purslow may also get called out by the crowd if it turns really bad. 

He will be sacked soon anyway, why don’t they do it now. I can’t see what is different in 1,2,3 or however many games he will be given, he has nothing to offer as a manager.

There is no player development, all our our players are worse then what they were when he joined.

He replaced our best player on an area with the new signing. Happened both in defence and midfield, what is wrong with playing two good players in the same area. It worked wonders when Kamara and Luiz was together in midfield against West Ham.

Constantly try to get bad tactics to work, game after game, but is to stubborn to try something else.

After losing Beale tactics and substitution have gone from not very good, to a total horror show.

Gerrard needs to go now.

Â