Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You mean 96.5% of the forum?

8C1ECC2F-3E71-49BA-9118-EE2FC46C14C9.png

Since when do 257 people represent Villa Talk?

it was a snap  poll when emotions are high and then add bandwagon mentality … Some have been steadfast from the beginning  I respect a lot of the Gerrard out camps arguments as stats and facts on the pitch don’t lie. I just don’t see the doom and gloom mongering for the sake of it being helpful nor warranted. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

it was a snap  when emotions are high and then add bandwagon mentality … Some have been steadfast from the beginning  I respect a lot of the Gerrard out camps arguments as stats and facts on the pitch don’t lie. I just don’t see the doom and gloom mongering for the sake of it being helpful nor warranted. 

Indeed. And mostly the same thing is said over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

It’s counter productive to sack him before the window is over as mad as it seems. Players won’t sign with no manager in charge, let him do his house visits and get some players over the line to fill the gaps and then **** him off

Players won’t come now anyway as they know he’s probably a gonner 

it was a snap  when emotions are high and then add bandwagon mentality … Some have been steadfast from the beginning  I respect a lot of the Gerrard out camps arguments as stats and facts on the pitch don’t lie. I just don’t see the doom and gloom mongering for the sake of it being helpful nor warranted. 

3 wins in probably 17 by next week is not warranted? Than what is, Gerrard karate kicks a fan??

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

3 wins in probably 17 by next week is not warranted? Than what is, Gerrard karate kicks a fan??

Things aren’t great but not as bad as some are making out. The club is still on the right pathways in all aspects.

Form is atrocious and after yesterdays depressing stats about the last 17 matches I cannot defend him. That doesn’t mean I’m calling for him to go now either. I get why some are so against Gerrard as they’ve taken time to structure their POV. It’s the negativity for the sake of it and the herd mentality of some and the BS posts for effect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What after how many years to work out a plan b and still had no idea? Smith had to go end of - get over it. Smith had 3 seasons - Gerrard’s not even had a whole one. So no excuses for smith. 

Are we  now comparing apples for oranges ok … any other lame excuse to repeat the lame argument in a different manner ? 

I don't think it's comparing apples for oranges at all. 

Under one manager, nothing about player quality all about criticising the manager. Under the next guy, now it's the players are the problem.

I think @Keyblademade an excellent point and I wasn't surprised it was ignored. 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Things aren’t great but not as bad as some are making out. The club is still on the right pathways in all aspects.

Form is atrocious and after yesterdays depressing stats about the last 17 matches I cannot defend him. That doesn’t mean I’m calling for him to go now either. I get why some are so against Gerrard as they’ve taken time to structure their POV. It’s the negativity for the sake of it and the herd mentality of some and the BS posts for effect.

Apart from on the pitch where really that's all that matters. 

• Like 3

Except on the pitch

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This doesn’t even make sense.  Form is atrocious and depressing but people are being negative for the sake of it…😂

No arguments there ! Gerrard has 5 games I reckon to save his job … 

I think you're probably right but at the same time when it reaches that point I just don't see how it works long term. Yes he might save himself short term but if he's at that point now it's going to take some ridiculous consistently good results to all just work out so this bad spell is forgotten.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Except on the pitch

This doesn’t even make sense.  Form is atrocious and depressing but people are being negative for the sake of it…😂

Yep stand by it… the negativity of some is way OTT … 

• Like 1

I think his job is gone, they are just lining up his replacement so transition is quick when they are close with somebody.  Five games now isn’t going to change anything after what we’ve had in 2022 especially with Arsenal and Man City flying and us being so low in confidence 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think you're probably right but at the same time when it reaches that point I just don't see how it works long term. Yes he might save himself short term but if he's at that point now it's going to take some ridiculous consistently good results to all just work out so this bad spell is forgotten.

Also with the calibre of readily available managers out there right now is a shadow he cannot out run. I do hold some small hope he can turn things around just for my love of the club and nothing to do with Gerrard himself. Wouldn’t be too fussed if they fired him after the weekend if we needed up Poch, Marco Rose, Alonso etc. 

2 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

96.5 of the forum aren’t posting dozens of times a day all demanding his head. Like I said it’s tedious. 

I’m out, this place is toxic. It’s like kids screaming until they get their own way.

I haven't been reading it like that. Just fans justifying that he should rightly go. It's not toxic, no one has called him names, or even stating ways we can get him out. Just general talk, repeated a little on why they feel he is done here, like the 3 wins in 15,  maybe 3 wins in 17 by the end of the week, but generally all good banter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This is how he set up our team yesterday:

IMG_20220829_165019.thumb.jpg.8094b300464d2b476e50db434f241e2d.jpg

But you know, he lashed one in top bins once in Istanbul so surely he knows what he's doing.

Some might say he’s a maverick, Pep will be copying it next 😉

Edited by WHY

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

That’s five games too many.

He has no clue how to fix this, you can tell that right?  He has shown nothing in the last 300 days to suggest he understands where our failures are on the pitch?

The fact is, it’s not nor ever been about Gerrard, it’s his Assistant and Coaches that need to sort this.  He has no idea how to 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

there's parallels with Bruce's level of coaching ;)

what I find hard to believe is Gerrard played for some top managers and coaches, in really well coached teams. How the **** does he look at what we do daily at bodymoor and think it's ok if the results are like they are? You'd think he'd know what top level conditioning looks like, he would have seen Klopp work too. The mind boggles.

The man has oodles of God given talent. Probably never even paid attention in training. Watching Lampard and Gerrard completely c*CK up this manager thing really helps explain why the 2 had zero clue how to play midfield for England. 

• Like 1

Â