Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think this is possibly one of the reasons for the all the drama on the forum.

You enter threads at different points and miss all the context behind it then end up addressing and attacking the wrong points and/or people.

I'm very often guilty of this myself 🤦🏿‍♂️

Context is lost so often… because we are reading text… we don’t know the mood nor the message that the writer is trying to convey all too often… (sometimes it’s why I use GIFs!! 😃🤣) plus we go into reactions and making responses in a certain emotional state and judgemental mood…

Rather than cool down, fully read a post, digest it, try to understand the context or meaning of it…

We’re more reactive than… what’s the word? Enquiring?

We’re all guilty of it.

Oh well… 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I have a question about SG.

He keeps saying ( and continues to do so ) that he will only buy players if they are an upgrade of what we already have.He will only buy players if they improve the team

Well,he has bought 5/6 players and I cant see any improvement yet,and thats half a team of players.

So,when is this improvement going to start ? 

HE’S GOING TO SIGN BEDNAREK!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Having just watched his latest presser he is still coming across that he knows what he wants and I like the way he corrects the journos when they misquote him.

I'm not too worried about new signings and I agree when he says they need to fit and be right for the club. 

I desperately want him to succeed, the same way I want every coach we've had to succeed but he really does need to start showing improvement.

Beating West Ham on Sunday will be a good start and not caving in against City and Arsenal will be a bonus.

50 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Having just watched his latest presser he is still coming across that he knows what he wants and I like the way he corrects the journos when they misquote him.

I'm not too worried about new signings and I agree when he says they need to fit and be right for the club. 

I desperately want him to succeed, the same way I want every coach we've had to succeed but he really does need to start showing improvement.

Beating West Ham on Sunday will be a good start and not caving in against City and Arsenal will be a bonus.

Is that the part he misquoted himself 😂😂

Such a shit manager to get beaten by Palace. Oh wait, does that mean Pep is shit too? Or is he even worse because their squad cost 100 x more or worst of all, palace aren’t even at full strength v city without Zaha. 

Ive missed this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Such a shit manager to get beaten by Palace. Oh wait, does that mean Pep is shit too? Or is he even worse because their squad cost 100 x more or worst of all, palace aren’t even at full strength v city without Zaha. 

Ive missed this thread. 

Yeah, Palace possibly being very good won't be allowed as an argument.

It will simply been used to highlight the good job Veira is doing over SG instead.

I've been telling people since pre season that this was going to be one of the most competitive Premier League seasons ever, and that anyone could turn anyone over.

The game ain't played on paper.

Palace have personell attributes we don't have, and which aren't written on " paper".

Our squad and especially midfield only look " fantastic " on paper.

* Bournemouth still inexcusable but again we were just physically battered.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Ive missed this thread. 

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We’ve had ten months of hearing about  how he wants us to play. I don’t think he knows, he got his pre season and we look worse. Sit him down for one of those tactical masterclass videos and I guarantee it would shock everyone. When you see past the facade he’s purely a frontman. Would love someone to quiz him on how defensively frail we are. I don’t think anyones pointed out the fact our midfield is non existent too. But we’ll keep working hard that’s for sure,  man’s an early stage Steve Bruce 

• Like 1

Hey guys, because I have no life I have decided to create this spreadsheet.

This is a points per game table that looks at the amount of points per game we and other teams have taken since Gerrard joined us.

Except I've made this so that you can give a larger weight to more recent matches. Give it a try.

I will continue updating the table with each new round of matches.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zfO3VlYClfza2YwUvw-Ok74LyGe9wVafmBiWxX6Vyac/edit?usp=sharing

18 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Ive missed this thread. 

3 wins in 15.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’ve had ten months of hearing about  how he wants us to play. I don’t think he knows, he got his pre season and we look worse. Sit him down for one of those tactical masterclass videos and I guarantee it would shock everyone. When you see past the facade he’s purely a frontman. Would love someone to quiz him on how defensively frail we are. I don’t think anyones pointed out the fact our midfield is non existent too. But we’ll keep working hard that’s for sure,  man’s an early stage Steve Bruce 

Yes I wish the journos would ask more specific directed questions but they wouldn't be let in would they. 

I totally agree about the lack of improvement, I'm just tired of changing coaches every 5 mins. 

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yes I wish the journos would ask more specific directed questions but they wouldn't be let in would they. 

I totally agree about the lack of improvement, I'm just tired of changing coaches every 5 mins. 

He is not even a coach mate, he is a glorified DOF on 5 million big ones a year, he really is boiling my piss  

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

Â