Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I just cannot see how the board can spend anymore on transfers with a manager that's in the sackable zone.

Gerrard stated he wanted winners in the changing room well he needs to stay outside post a note under the door.

The club has gone backwards at an alarming rate.

Gerrard need to completely 360degrees on mcginn and drop him failure and poor.perfomances should not result in game time, I despise Gerrard buy even I would acknowledge if he dropped macginn the midfield needs to.protect the defence, mcginn has zero role in a villa shirt he's done hit his ceiling and won't get better, infact he's getting worse by the game.

I said gerrards favourites will not save him and I stand by it mcginn playing will get this idiot his p45.

If he was to get sacked at this point, I don't even think it will have been because of results.

There possibly could have been a combo of player revolt, and bust up with SG and others at the club.

Does appear that can be a bit of a hot head, and I couldn't picture him taking being overruled or impeded against his will kindly at all.

Obviously, none of this might be true, and we are just bored on VT looking for anything exciting or controversial to discuss.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

I just cannot see how the board can spend anymore on transfers with a manager that's in the sackable zone.

Thing is, what if it's only us online fans who think he's in a " stackable zone "?

Truth is we know nothing, and we operate off of emotion as fans for the most part.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If he was to get sacked at this point, I don't even think it will have been because of results.

There possibly could have been a combo of player revolt, and bust up with SG and others at the club.

Does appear that can be a bit of a hot head, and I couldn't picture him taking being overruled or impeded against his will kindly at all.

Obviously, none of this might be true, and we are just bored on VT looking for anything exciting or controversial to discuss.

Yeah, if that happens it's more than results. Even counting last season, you don't sack a guy three games in after he's just had a Summer of own signings. 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, what if it's only us online fans who think he's in a " stackable zone "?

Truth is we know nothing, and we operate off of emotion as fans for the most part.

Jamaican of course you may well be right but unfortunately the board and Gerrard cannot believe they are watching something were not.

Also let the board and manager ignore us fans at there peril the fans have stayed away before and some will again the style of play is dull and has no part in our club, Gerrard has made so many stupid  decisions the captaincy is a disgrace and he is well and truly under the pump now and he will not get the fans back onside once he's lost them.

Some will want him to stay and some want him gone, I just can't see the logic behind spending in this window on a manager who just cannot and will not turn this around, he looks clueless and devoid of ideas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daft said:

Yeah, if that happens it's more than results. Even counting last season, you don't sack a guy three games in after he's just had a Summer of own signings. 

I mean it was always going to be more than results. 95% of the anger directed at him right now isn't because we've gotten 3 points in 3 games (a poor start but nothing more), it's because of the performances and complete lack of any tactical nous, which is just a continuation of what we've seen under him for most of this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He won't be sacked this week guys. Would be great if he was but he won't be.

Just have to wait an agonizing 3 weeks where we get battered. I'll be generous and say we'll be on 4 points from 6 by the end of the City game. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Just have to wait an agonizing 3 weeks where we get battered. I'll be generous and say we'll be on 4 points from 6 by the end of the City game. 

I could maybe see him being sacked after the West Ham game but probably only if we lose in mid-week and then badly at the weekend. But yeah certainly not before that.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I still haven’t seen anything from him that’s been impressive since he’s been here. 

Our best period under him was the new manager bounce, which is very little to do with him, and it was before he’d made any signings or managed to implement his philosophy (whatever the **** that is!)

Im pretty much decided that it’s not going to work for him here. I’m not exactly calling for his head, we are only 3 games into the season after all. 

But my confidence is rock bottom. I just can’t see him turning it around. He’s guilt a good squad with some genuinely very good players, and we are shitter than ever

His specialty has been winning absolutely must-win games, that if he didn't win it would be a crisis. The problem is he loses all the other games, so those keep rolling around with regularity. And the problem with *that*, in turn, is that eventually both his luck and ours will run out.

• Like 3

Bolton will probably spare his blushes for a bit (though if I'm them I'd be licking my lips at that tie now - width, pressure, you'll score, and then we fall apart), but West Ham will kick start their season when we come in to save the day. Arsenal will handily win and then we face Citeh with question marks everywhere and confidence totally shot, it'll be a cricket score.

The only upside to Gerrard being humiliated with that run is letting the humiliation die with him and giving a new man a less fearsome start. I'd hope, with that in mind, that the work on finding a replacement is underway.

• Like 2

This time next week it could easily be three wins from four for the 42 year old Gerrard, should have a good chance of beating Bolton, and guess what? West Ham aren't very good, they're in worse form than us in 2022. The flip side to that of course is that if we do badly in those winnable games, then it will reflect very badly on him and us.

I think some of us are rushing to panic station far too hastily. Given our recent performances and results it’s completely understandable but if you look at the bigger picture, we are, as a club, in a good position and it could certainly be worse.

First thing to acknowledge is the premier league is the most difficult league on the planet. Admittedly at times, our performances have been woeful and we have looked clueless, but that could be down to the quality of our opposition / oppositions manager.

With our recruitment, investments and the talent we have, our performances should non-deniably be better. On the flip side, at times we have looked solid and have played some excellent stuff. 

I would like to talk about the early Klopp-era with Liverpool. Over the years he completely made the team his own team, believed in his system and cut off players who wasn’t suited to his philosophy. 

It wasn’t always plain sailing and had quite a few bumps along the way. I know our situation is different, and with recent developments involving Sarr it looks like we have no idea what we’re doing - basically panic buying. 

With promises of pushing for Europe this season, there is certainly pressure on Stevie G. Like every single one of us I’m praying for a great season and it ruins my whole weekend when we play shite. 

We have fantastic owners, fantastic youth, fantastic facilities and most importantly fantastic fans. Let’s try to trust the process and get back to enjoying being a villa fan, and we will see what happens.

Last thing I’ll say is that it could be worse… think back to Bradford away 2013

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, daft said:

I don't think it resonates with reasonably minded people in the industry.....It seems like Arsenal stood strong by Arteta, and it proved right, despite huge swathes of fans calling for his head.

However, like you, I am cringing every time we play lately.

1 minute ago, Flynnchin84 said:

I think some of us are rushing to panic station far too hastily. Given our recent performances and results it’s completely understandable but if you look at the bigger picture, we are, as a club, in a good position and it could certainly be worse.

First thing to acknowledge is the premier league is the most difficult league on the planet. Admittedly at times, our performances have been woeful and we have looked clueless, but that could be down to the quality of our opposition / oppositions manager.

With our recruitment, investments and the talent we have, our performances should non-deniably be better. On the flip side, at times we have looked solid and have played some excellent stuff. 

I would like to talk about the early Klopp-era with Liverpool. Over the years he completely made the team his own team, believed in his system and cut off players who wasn’t suited to his philosophy. 

It wasn’t always plain sailing and had quite a few bumps along the way. I know our situation is different, and with recent developments involving Sarr it looks like we have no idea what we’re doing - basically panic buying. 

With promises of pushing for Europe this season, there is certainly pressure on Stevie G. Like every single one of us I’m praying for a great season and it ruins my whole weekend when we play shite. 

We have fantastic owners, fantastic youth, fantastic facilities and most importantly fantastic fans. Let’s try to trust the process and get back to enjoying being a villa fan, and we will see what happens.

In Klopp first season they got to the Europa League final and his 2nd season they qualified for the Championa League

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

All good.....but solid, nah

I must have blinked.

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If we do get rid, then I pray we get the next appointment right, because every media outlet will gunning for us for daring to sack Liverpool’s golden boy.

You can imagine Carragher and Souness  will be raging on sky and talksport every chance they get!

Lee Hendrie and Gabby will have a word with them.

Â