Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

People do love to pre-emptively bash players or managers for doing things that they haven’t done yet. Like that time last week that Stevie G was going to freeze Mings out of the team and sell him to West Ham. Or when Southgate did literally anything ever.

I’ll be quite annoyed if Stevie doesn’t start Buendia next game. I think I’ll wait to see if it happens before I get too wound up about it though, no matter how he’s handling his press conferences.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, he's also human, surely he's allowed slip ups or non perfect moments?

Or emotions and frustration etc?

Nope, not unless he starts Buendia and plays him every minute. Gives Sanson a chance, treats Mings with respect, drops McGinn and plays some out and out wingers. Make Martinez captain, denounce all ties with Liverpool Fc, learn a brummie accent, grow a beard and shave his head.

He can say what he wants then.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nope, not unless he starts Buendia and plays him every minute. Gives Sanson a chance, treats Mings with respect, drops McGinn and plays some out and out wingers. Make Martinez captain, denounce all ties with Liverpool Fc, learn a brummie accent, grow a beard and shave his head.

It’s important the wingers are out and out. Ordinary wingers won’t do.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just going on sight, I doubt whether that is possible. No razor could disturb his hair.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

What made you think that? The bit where he said Emi is coming on very well and pushing for a place?

This site gets more like QAnon every day.

I would guess it's the bit where he sarcastically responds with a question about Leon Bailey who he wasn't asked about. It's quite obvious that question irritated him. I can understand sympathising with his irritation, but pretending like it didn't happen is just weird.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would guess it's the bit where he sarcastically responds with a question about Leon Bailey who he wasn't asked about. It's quite obvious that question irritated him. I can understand sympathising with his irritation, but pretending like it didn't happen is just weird.

I’m just going by the words he actually said.

Not some “deep meaning”.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it's "he has a niggle" vs. abrasive media responses and the constant misuse of a player over the course of 6 months who out performs all of his team mates, one of whom is a decorated player who has a colourful history with the manager. Hmm. Definitely no agenda there. I have no doubt he might've had a niggle at the start of this season, but that does not exonerate Gerrard from last seasons antics. Buendia has not been used correctly and these blunders are only adding to the fire.

To add to this when Buendia has been played it's often been out of position. When Gerrard finally brought him into the game against Bournemouth he decided to play him on the left to even further accommodate his best mate Phil who had been invisible all game.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Can he not see, as an ex-Midfielder, that this crap Midfield he picks each week isn't working? 

If he can't see that, we've got more problems than just the fact we can't defend for shit and look clueless. 

Gerrard though midfielding was about rifling in goals from 25 yards and pinging 80 yard diags.

It's why Rafa never played him there.

When you perform this badly week after week, something has to give. The buck stops with the manager, and he's done nothing to show he's more than a 'pashun' merchant who is tactically and strategically retarded.

• Like 3

Â