Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

My goals for Gerrard:

✨Above 1.5xg/home game for the rest of the season, 1.2xg/away game for the rest of the season or get sacked

✨Force Chukwuemeka and Coutinho to sign a contract by any means necessary

✨More goals

✨Achieve Spiritual Enlightement

✨Ban blade only boots, do NOT let us slip

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

How long did it take Klopp to win a trophy with Liverpool? 

How long did it take for Gerrard to win a trophy in a 2 horse league? 

Probably same as Klopp winning a trophy 

Edited by Zatman

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I would want Gerrard as manager forever if Villa scored at Anfield and he did a knee slide in front of the Kop. That’s my goal for him.

If he does it at Villa Park this season be fine as well

If we lay down again like he did vs Liverpool then a different story

We have now lost a huge amount of games. So the one thing that he said he wanted to change in that Carragher sky interview at the training ground before xmas was this inconsistency. And he hasnt been able to. Losses happen so easily with us.  All the talk about being on the front foot and imposing our game on the opposition has come to nothing so many times now. 

You have to ask yourself why our team who have no excuses due to the quality of the coaching and training ground seem to be so easy to knock over. 

I think that he will rip it up because alot of this team are used to losing and they do not seem to have the mental strength to change that. The last 3 seasons have so far given us 52 losses in the league. Yes we would expect alot in the first season back but this season only Norwich Watford and Everton have lost more than us . Even Leeds have lost less.  And we have a hell of alot of talent at our disposal  so its eother Gerrard or the players that are at fault.  

I guess he thought that coutinho would turn the losses into wins and draws. But so far that has simply not happened. 

I still think that DM should be our only consideration before looking at other positions but the inconsistency of our results suggests that Gerrard will make some big big changes. 

We've lost nine games since Gerrard was appointed, only five other teams in the division have lost more, but the flip side to that is that we've also won a decent amount, only Wolves and the top six have won more, Chelsea and Man Utd have both won just won one league more game than us since he was appointed, hence why despite all the loses we're still the eighth or nineth best team based on form since his arrival.

Just now, useless said:

We've lost nine games since Gerrard was appointed, only five other teams in the division have lost more, but the flip side to that is that we've also won a decent amount, only Wolves and the top six have won more, Chelsea and Man Utd have both won just won one league more game than us since he was appointed, hence why despite all the loses we're still the eighth or nineth best team based on form since his arrival.

still only got 14 points in the last 13 games. 

I really worry that the first 6 games getting 12 points was the new manager bounce because 14 points in 13 games is relegation form and somewhat is patched over because of that initial points tally. 

It's not reason for any discussion of sacking Gerrard or anything like that but people keep saying his points total since he arrived blah blah blah is all positive but the last 13 games is a significant amount of games with a very poor points return however which was you look at it. 

But it's not his team, needs the summer and all that, is getting me through this time but 13 games containing a lot of poor performances, 45 minute performances, sloppy goals, poor xG and a vacant midfield and lack of any kind of strength of mentality is worrying. 

Is it the follow on from Smith and the players are just the problem....who knows!!! but this constant we are 8th or 9th in the form table since Gerrard came onboard is disguising the very poor recent 13 games points total of 14, just like Smith's 55 points last season was amazing for this club but that disguises how poor the second half of the season. 

Stats can, if portrayed in a narrative can be deceptive.

I sure with the post in general, but a small correction, 14 points in 13 games is 1.07ppg, which would have us in 15th, a point below Brentford with a game in hand. Poor, but it's not relegation form, not this season

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I sure with the post in general, but a small correction, 14 points in 13 games is 1.07ppg, which would have us in 15th, a point below Brentford with a game in hand. Poor, but it's not relegation form, not this season

Nope but its not the improvement we were expecting. When Smith got sacked it felt Purslow expected us to be challenging top 8

Truth is we would probably be in or around the same position with a fully fit squad under Smith 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fair point, just really poor.  I do worry that stat will get worse over the coming games given our next handful of games.  Almost thank god the Liverpool game has been moved because Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester is a tough three games but now Spurs, Leicester and Norwich, my heart doesn’t sink so quickly.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Did he get 3 years for nothing? 

Nope but he had absolutely awful spells in each of his seasons but he was given a chance. His awful spells were much worse than Gerrard has experienced but he was given a chance. Maybe there’s a message in there somewhere!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hippo said:

Well even accounting for a big spree in the summer - there will still be a lot on non Gerrard players in the starting 11.

So when does the 'time' you are giving Stevie G expire ?

Common consensus is usually three to four transfer windows.

However football fans are an impatient and fickle bunch.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Common consensus is usually three to four transfer windows.

However football fans are an impatient and fickle bunch.

Just as club owners, the boards  and the media

Edit: and players

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Nope but he had absolutely awful spells in each of his seasons but he was given a chance. His awful spells were much worse than Gerrard has experienced but he was given a chance. Maybe there’s a message in there somewhere!

Yes but Smith looked like he knew what he was doing. His first poor spell coincided with us having one senior but crippled centre back available which after building a defence in his first transfer window brought us promotion

I cant say I have seen anything from Gerrard that indicates we are going in the right direction. I hope I am wrong but nothing for me so far

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but Smith looked like he knew what he was doing. His first poor spell coincided with us having one senior but crippled centre back available which after building a defence in his first transfer window brought us promotion

I cant say I have seen anything from Gerrard that indicates we are going in the right direction. I hope I am wrong but nothing for me so far

Early days, have patience.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Most of Smith’s bad spells came along when Jack was injured. Whenever this happened Dean looked absolutely clueless.  I think that the problem is, there is not really an effective way to get these players to perform better than they are. Dean and latterly Gerrard are hamstrung by a squad that is unbalanced and inconsistent. Give Gerrard a chance to change that. If we are still struggling then he will deserve criticism. Until that, he deserves time.

• Like 1

Â