The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

None of its guaranteed all because he's done well in a league that's not at the premier leagues level.

I can see us being in some real trouble under him, possibly relegated which I certainly hope I'm wrong if he does come in.

He's done fabulous as a player yes and he's done his best in Coaching to start off somewhere, but is this where were really at now which is trading one inexperienced  Smith for one inexperienced Garrard. 

I do not know what Puralow and our Owners are thinking if they think they can go spend hundreds of millions each season but then go cheap out in the manager department and expect results. Its one thing to have players but if your not managing those players as best as you can in every area then the results just wont happen.

The way we're going our rise to one of the top clubs will be nothing more than a fantasy and not a plan. I honestly thought getting rid of Smith someone serious would be brought in. Adding someone like Gerrard to Villa will make me nervous as hell until we're safe and even then the following season I wouldn't be at ease.

Sure Gerrard as a world of knowledge and I do think if he can pour that into our players they would be better off for it but that could come at a massive cost. If the bloke can't get results first season and we sank down a league would people be okay with that?? Something tells me his head would be called for quick.

I totally get peoples worries about him, but its not guaranteed that he won't do well and there's nothing to suggest he won't be managing the players to level required to keep us up/make us competitive. Appointing an experienced coach like Favre (for example) is equally risky, the managers ethos either works or doesn't. Ultimately any manager appointment is a gamble and I'm just looking at the advantages he could bring, over the perceived dangers.

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's got to consider himself pretty fortunate that he's managed to get a job like this at this point in his career. 

Have Villa ever had a manager with less experience?

Vic Crowe, took the job after Tommy Docherty got the sack. Don't think he had ever managed before but got us to a league cup final as well as winning the old third division before he got sacked and Sunders took over. 

1 minute ago, ada86 said:

Time to log off vt but will be back and post as normal aswell as post and information I hear from source that is allowed I guess let’s get behind Gerard and see how we go only time will tell .

You ignored my guess…. Which means I’m correct! 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m starting to accept it’s going to be Gerrard.  I’m trying to focus on the positives and try to get excited by how the Rangers fans see him.  

I’ve said my piece on Gerrard many many times and my disappointment with Purslow if this happens will be high.

That being said, I’m trying to put a line under it and starting to focus on the positives of Gerrard and wrap my head around what he’ll bring and what his staff will bring.

If we announce Favre on Monday you will have got to the stage where you actually like Gerrard and will be pissed off :)

• Haha 1